• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wescot credit services old debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wescot credit services old debt

Hi, I had a RBS credit card several years ago and eventually was unable to pay it. I then got a letter from Wescot credit services saying they had bought the debt and I was harassed with constant letters and telephone calls until I agreed to make a monthly payment. I've been paying that for years and now on my credit report it says that my RBS account will be removed from my credit report next month as it is closed, even though Wescot say I still owe about £300.

I'm now reading that I should've asked them to prove I owe the debt. If I've been paying it for years then is it too late to do that? If I cancel the direct debit then will it negatively affect my credit rating?
    Tags: None

Wescot (Wetcloths)do not buy debts they are only hopeful debt collection agents on commissions if/ever they collect any alleged money owed,

could send a CCA1974 request to RBS informing Wescot you have done so with a £1 postal order and send Recorded delivery and keep all paperwork in a file, give us more detail as to the facts i.e. defaulted when etc are you sure it was not sold on to a debt buyer???

CCA Request

Comment

sure others will respond also

Comment

Wescot - now, there's a name from the past!

Comment

I have the same problem C/C supposedly taken out by me, the Debt has come to light after me checking Bank Statements, my wife was advised that the C/C was mine, and talked into making payments by the debt collection company, i contacted the Debt Collection Company, who state that they cannot provide the original agreement, we have never received any statements from them, it appears that this alleged debt has been paid for approx. ten years,

Comment

Just to check - your bank statement show the debt has been paid for ten years, or not been paid for ten years?

Presumably the account is a joint account?

Have you sent a formal CCA request or did you just ask them to send the agreement verbally ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

AMETHIST. Many Many thanks for your quick reply, Yes it is a joint Bank account, hence they were able to convince my wife into an agreement to pay, them the alledged debt, i made a phone call to the debt collection offices, after giveing this a lot of thought, in reply i have never sent
              a formal CCA request to them, but i did ask them to send a copy of the agreement. The eventual response was as the debt was so old (over seven years) they stated the original agreement was not available. Also checking my credit that is also showing clear. I have just located the reply. The lender stated in that they do not provide statements over seven years old, and do not retain default notices, but the account defaulted early January 2009. as I stated over ten years old, they state that they are still awaiting a Copy of the Agreement from the lender if available they will forward it to me.
              Last edited by Archie.2; 25th July 2019, 10:15:AM. Reason: UP DATE

Comment

Yes, In this case, you need to prove in a letter that you do not owe them and to anyone else.
                Legally write off 90% of debts to Wescot Credit Services ✓ FREE SERVICE ✓ FCA Regulated ✓ Stop debt letters & calls ✓ Stop home visits ✓ Stop court action ✓ We help hundreds of people each month become debt free from Wescot Credit Services. Call 0800 193 1024.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X