• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LOWELL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you send me the agreement ? And the bit about fresh start with that 2015 date on ... it's a bit weird, especially with Lowell and provident saying fresh start is a third party when in fact it was just a kind of loan made by provident/Vanquis

Admin@legalbeagles.info
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Okay, on that statement document it states there are two agreements. One with Provident ( which you have the copy of and is dated Aug 2011 ) and one with ' Fresh Start ' which there is no copy of.

The Provident Loan was actually £1000, with a total of £1750 repayable over 50 weeks at £35 a week. The agreement isn't complete for complying with a CCA request though - no terms etc.

This then seems to have been paid off by the FreshStart agreement where the payments were £4.17 a week instead of £35 a week. It looks like that started in August 2012. The 2015 date is an oddity, could be the date they sold it to Lowell? … the balance next to it £1339.96 seems to be what the balance was when the £35 payments stopped ( around Aug 2012 ) so I'd assume that's the starting balance of the Fresh Start agreement.

I'd be asking Provident and Lowell specifically for the 'Fresh Start' agreement as it appears that the 'debt' that Lowell are chasing is from the FreshStart agreement, not from the original 2011 Provident agreement.

Plus of course, the fact that you never made any of the £4.17 payments listed and they're listed as third party payments and no one can say where they came from.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Right I shall do that now
        Thanks

Comment

Finally a snotty reply from Lowell regarding the Freshstart agreement and I quote.
          "the agreement we have previously provided you with is the only agreement we have received from the original creditor and this suffices as proof of the debt"
          We are instructed on behalf of Lowell Portfolio to recover the outstanding balance due on an account opened with Vanquish Provident Personal Credit on 8th August 2011. The account defaulted in July 2014 . The outstanding balance is now legally payable
          If you do not contact us to agree a resolution to this matter or set up a payment plan we may request that the Court issue a County court claim to you"

Can anybody advise me on my next step?
          Thanks

Comment

Can anybody help me with this please?

Comment

I've just been in to the CAB armed with relevant paperwork. A very helpful lady set about ringing Provident, Vanquis and Freshstart and they all had no knowledge of the third party payments, (£4.17). CAB deduced
              that Lowell had fabricated these payments and that I should immediately write a letter of complaint ..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X