• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Will I ever be debt free??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I ever be debt free??

Hi

I am not sure if anyone can advise me but here goes.

I divorced in 2000 from my then wife and was left with a majority of the debts against the house, and credit cards.
    At the time I buried my head in the sand and ignored these as I wasn't in a financial postion to repay any of them.
    However my circumstances improved with a new job, and I re-married and eventually settled all the debts owed, or so I thought, through a Tomlin order and repayments to a company called Robisonson Way/Hoist portfolio.

In all I paid off over £10,000 over two years and since have been debt free for the last two years or so I thought, as recently I had a letter from Robison Way stating I owe £7000 odd against a Barclay debt I have no knowledge of, and have since recieved a further two letters from them, and they are calling my home number 10 -15 times a day.

As I don't recall this debt at all, and given that having settled all other debts through Robison Way in the past, why all of a sudden are they presenting this debt to me out of the blue given they had every opportunity to approach me back then, but didn't regarding this specific debt they say I owe.
    Without admitting liability or aknowleging this debt which I strongly contest, how do I ask for evidence as to this debt, as even if it was the case that this debt was mine would it not be statory barred given the debts I did owe date back too 1999 and the time of my divorce.

Also if this debt was caused by my ex wife am I liable for it, and what claim would they have on my new wifes house and finances as all of these are in her maiden name and not mine as we keep seperate finances.
    Tags: None

First thing then is to try gather the information to find out what this is and where it has come from.

So a SAR to Barclaycard and a CCA request to Hoist

and if you can post the letter ( suitably redacted ) you received from Robinson way we can give you a hand responding to say statute barred and requesting further information

anything showing on your credit file at all ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by oldman22 View Post
      Hi

I am not sure if anyone can advise me but here goes.

I divorced in 2000 from my then wife and was left with a majority of the debts against the house, and credit cards.
      At the time I buried my head in the sand and ignored these as I wasn't in a financial postion to repay any of them.
      However my circumstances improved with a new job, and I re-married and eventually settled all the debts owed, or so I thought, through a Tomlin order and repayments to a company called Robisonson Way/Hoist portfolio.

In all I paid off over £10,000 over two years and since have been debt free for the last two years or so I thought, as recently I had a letter from Robison Way stating I owe £7000 odd against a Barclay debt I have no knowledge of, and have since recieved a further two letters from them, and they are calling my home number 10 -15 times a day.

As I don't recall this debt at all, and given that having settled all other debts through Robison Way in the past, why all of a sudden are they presenting this debt to me out of the blue given they had every opportunity to approach me back then, but didn't regarding this specific debt they say I owe.
      Without admitting liability or aknowleging this debt which I strongly contest, how do I ask for evidence as to this debt, as even if it was the case that this debt was mine would it not be statory barred given the debts I did owe date back too 1999 and the time of my divorce.

Also if this debt was caused by my ex-wife am I liable for it, and what claim would they have on my new wife's house and finances as all of these are in her maiden name and not mine as we keep separate finances.
      Hi mate,

First of all, I would like to commend you for stepping out and telling your story. I strongly believe getting out of debt starts from there.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X