• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Robinson Way, mistaken identity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh, yes it's probably on there then. This is what appeared on mine about 3 weeks back out of the blue and is currently being disputed. Waiting for the file update later today and I'll ring Hoist again for an update on the dispute.

Personally I think it's quicker, when you're in this kind of situation, just to give them a call. So long as you aren't agreeing to anything etc it's fine to call to try find out information - then you can go from there. If they agree to do anything ( like investigate the account etc ) then ask them to put that in writing to you to confirm ( email etc ).
    Attached Files
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well all credit reports are clear as far as I can seem, guess I’ll have to make the phone call next.

Comment

The hold music is extremely irritating and occassionally sounds like they recorded it whilst taking off in a plane...

Good to hear it hasn't appeared on your credit file, hopefully it's just a tracing error ( similar name/DOB etc ) and can be sorted. If Hoist can tell you any more about it remember to tell them you'll be sending in a request for copies of documents and more information, and if they can put a note on the account that it is in dispute while you do that.

Of course if the details are wrong and it's a trace error they may not be able to tell you anything due to data protection, but they should be able to check under your details if they own any accounts attributed to you.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Have you managed to find anything out?
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Not yet tried a couple of times and ended up with voice mail both times.

Comment

I've just spoken to them on their 03452669244 number and it went through without a problem ( there is a " we will record your call" message first ), maybe it was busy at lunchtime xxx
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Finally got through to them, cleared their data protection and discussed address history.
                I was asked if I have ever lived at a certain address which I have never heard of and was told it looks like a tracing error and would be passed to the tracing department to be investigated further. I asked for note to be placed on file.

So so all sounds promising, should I be putting anything in writing at this stage?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gordon17 View Post
                  Finally got through to them, cleared their data protection and discussed address history.
                  I was asked if I have ever lived at a certain address which I have never heard of and was told it looks like a tracing error and would be passed to the tracing department to be investigated further. I asked for note to be placed on file.

So so all sounds promising, should I be putting anything in writing at this stage?

Thanks
                  Charge them for doing their job for them + the distress it caused you. If nothing else it would waste their time dealing with it especially if you only gave them a short time scale.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon17 View Post

Thanks
                    Good, hope that's set your mind at ease for now. Better than waiting weeks for a reply to a prove it letter I think ?

What I would do now is send them a letter confirming the conversation you had with them, and that you look forward to receiving the outcome of their investigation.

And keep an eye on your credit file for a few months. Particularly any linked addresses popping up.

Anything else from RobWay you can ring and tell them it's in dispute with Hoist ( comms between them aren't brilliant even though they're the same company in essence) but I don't think there's any need to respond directly to the letter that bought this up ( you could write to rob way now by cc'ing them in to your confirmation letter to Hoist actually )

Anything further and you can look at a formal complaint. Im not really one for going hard in for compensation for a mistake - especially if they just sort it out and it doesn't cause further issues - but look again if they fail to sort it in a timely way and you keep receiving letters/calls and particularly if it does end up on your credit file.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you so much for your help and yes it has gone some way to putting my mind at ease. I share your thoughts on the letter confirming the conversation, that is my next step.
                      With reference to your point on linked addresses you don’t think they would try to add the address they mentioned to me to my file do you to somehow link me to the debt? I will keep checking my credit file periodically to make sure.
                      Thanks

Comment

Hopefully not but things happen so best to keep an eye for a while ( Noddle updates the file weekly now so you should see anything odd pretty quickly )

send the confirmation letter then then follow up with a call in a couple weeks to check on progress. I think 28 days is reasonable to deal with it before going to formal complaint process.

Just my thoughts as always tho
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X