• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Robinson Way, mistaken identity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Robinson Way, mistaken identity?

I am hoping someone is able to point me in the right direction with this one.
    For the last 2 weeks I received text messages from Robinson Way asking for me to call them. Which I presumed were spam and ignored. A
    Today I received a letter stating “we need you to take action arrange a payment plan today. Due to HPH ltd ex welcome finance for an amount of just over 2k”. There are no dates given for the supposed debt, there is an account number.
    As far as I am concerned I have no outstanding debt, have never missed any payments, entered any payment plans and have no idea who welcome finance are.
    I have never had to my recollection any loans other than unsecure personal loans for cars all which have been paid off with the exception of my current arrangement which is all as been paid as agreed.

There is nothing shown on my credit report either with Experian or equifax.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Amethyst

Comment

car finance = was it welcome finance? by any chance?

Comment

No, i had car finance once around 20 years ago but that was all paid offs I’ve never had car finance since I have always had a personal loan, never defaulted etc.
        Wlecome finance is stated on the letter, I’ve never heard of them.

Comment

ok asked Ame to pop in here she probably can direct you

Comment

wondering if this is a Phishing letter to all with your name and they are trying to locate the person named, can you upload the letter (minus personal details and account numbers)

Comment

Excuse the poor spelling. Just as a further bit of background I’m not in any form of financial worry this matter is completely out of the blue.

Comment

sse 6 above

Comment

Well I thought that but clearly they had my mobile number and address.

I will get the letter uploaded. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Here we go
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm, I currently have a mysterious account appeared on my credit file added by Hoist - I have no outstanding debt either - and on calling Hoist themselves ( Robinson Way can be a bit mean on the phone - Hoist are much nicer and actually try to help ) - they have no record of the debt whatsoever on their systems. It's being investigated now and under dispute with the CRA.

So I would, personally, ring Hoist directly ( 03452669244), ignore Robinson Way, and tell them you have had a letter from Rob Way, you don't recognise the debt at all and see if they can give you any info. I wonder if they've had a system cock up somewhere. Obviously if they can tell you anything and it isn't just a cock up, and they have a welcome finance loan against you on their systems, don't get into any discussion about payment and tell them you'll respond to the letter to request more info / copies of documents. But speaking to them to find out what this might be or if it is just a mistake might set your mind at rest rather than hunting through documents in the loft to try figure out where it's come from ( I wasted a day trying to figure it out before I decided to just ring the buggers )

Then send a CCA request and a SAR to Hoist.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Also, CRA wise, check Experian ( MSE Credit Club is the free way to keep an eye on that ) ( my Hoist anomolly appears on Noddle (callcredit) which you've checked - and you've checked Clearscore (Equifax) I think? )
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you very much for the help. I too have spent a few days pondering what it may be but have come to a blank.
                          I will give them a call and see what they have to say.

I will have to do a bit more reading and looking into the CCA request and SAR.

I was was just going to send a prove it type letter, but calling them may give the answers quicker.

Many thanks

Comment

CCA Request

Subject Access Request Letter

there if later you are advised to send

Comment

Noddle is the one CRA I haven’t checked so I’ll take a look on there. Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X