• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The forum was down & I was bored...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The forum was down & I was bored...

Dear Sir / Madam
    Following you recent correspondence, I would like to thank you for your recent offer of a new bank account with your organisation.

However, I took the time to read through the terms and conditions of this account that you included with your welcome pack. I was shocked to note both the extremely high quantity and the high cost of default bank charges that could be applied to the account in case of accidental oversight on my part. Given the ongoing OFT test case into bank charges such as these I found that your system of penalties to be out of keeping with current direction of personal banking trends and to be considerably higher, in both quantity and value, than the charges associated with alternative products from other banking organisations.

Furthermore, I was recently made aware of the consumer complaint list that was published by the Financial Ombudsman and I was shocked to see that Barclays came top of this list by a very considerable margin. I also noted that a very high percentage of these complaints were upheld by the ombudsman. This can only lead me to the conclusion that, as an organisation, you do not hold your customers in particularly high regard as you are clearly not prepared to deal with customer issues even when the complaints are completely legitimate.

The shocking results of the Ombudsman’s consumer complaints list, combined with the high quantity and cost of punitive bank charges associated with your personal banking products have led me to the conclusion that it would be a great mistake to trust my personal banking to your organisation. Therefore I would like to decline the offer to move my personal banking to your organisation and have instead chosen to move my personal banking to another bank that is not only prepared to offer considerably better terms and conditions but has also scored very well on the consumer complaints list.

Yours Sincerely,
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Re: The forum was down & I was bored...

excellente!
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    I have just come back from Coldplay at wembley - they were excellente as`well.
    Last edited by scoobydoo; 18th September 2009, 23:54:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Fantastic Macho. Time well spent IMO.

More people should tell the banks what they think of them before they are given the chance to screw people over.

Maybe the site should break more often.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Nice one hun, can't wait to see the reply, if there is one.

Comment

I would like to get a reply but I think it will be filed in the bin.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

You could always SAR them in a couple of months to find out.
            My Blog
            http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah but that involves me giving them £10... I don't even want to give them a penny

My Hardship Claim
              Me VS Abbey Win
              BIL HSBC Credit Card
              BIL EGG
              BIL HSBC Loan
              BIL PPI Win

Comment

LOL Letter today...they are looking into my complaint and shall respond to me within 8 weeks

My Hardship Claim
                Me VS Abbey Win
                BIL HSBC Credit Card
                BIL EGG
                BIL HSBC Loan
                BIL PPI Win

Comment

Dear Mochamoo

In our previous letter we promised to keep you updated on the progress of our investigation.

To help us resolve the matter we need to contact various areas of the bank to gather further information. When we have this information we will be able to provide you with a full response to your complaint.

We remain committed to resolving your complaint as quickly as we can and will contact you again by 13th November.

LMAO how exactly do they plan on resolving it??

My Hardship Claim
                  Me VS Abbey Win
                  BIL HSBC Credit Card
                  BIL EGG
                  BIL HSBC Loan
                  BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X