• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff £75 Compliance fee, do I have to pay it?

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bailiff £75 Compliance fee, do I have to pay it?

Originally posted by The Starving Taxpayer View Post
    You think wrong.

You really need to stick to debt advice-You're actually pretty good at that. Why you've suddenly decided to act like you're an authority on bailiffs is beyond me, especially when its clear that you don't really know much.
    Do you know his past? You might get a few surprises.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombats View Post
      Yes I do. Am I supposed to be impressed?

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

he seems to be dining out on one thing & his attempts at being a "legal beagle" on bailiff legislation leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Do you then? For sure?

Comment

he seems to be dining out on one thing & his attempts at being a "legal beagle" on bailiff legislation leaves a lot to be desired.
          As does advice such as 'the fees are still payable if the LA take the debt back' and 'the bailiff fees are added to your account balance with the LA'.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
            Could we have links or evidence of these "several debtors" please, i can provide links to the ones who have been pursued for additional fees after trying this for you if you like for comparison. Could you link to this case where the judge had difficulty with this part of the legislation also please i seem to have missed it also. Wouldn't be form the same source by any chance

Being asked to pay the lawfully required fee to the bailiff is akin to being beheaded ?
            I'm sure you can find the links without me posting them. After all, this thread appears to have been inspired by the site.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleslap2 View Post
              As does advice such as 'the fees are still payable if the LA take the debt back' and 'the bailiff fees are added to your account balance with the LA'.
              I stopped reading his drivel last time he started off about this subject.

Comment

If memory serves me right, the debtor chose to resist them-An option not available if you lot would have advised.
                I'm not sure either. What is very unfair here is the collective noun 'you lot'. To whom are you referring when you say this?

Although contributors to this thread are limited, quite a few contribute to the 'normal' posts on the forum. You can't just group a load of people together like that. I know as fact there are things I question, or disagree with where many other members on LB may not.

That's the great thing about forums - people can express their different opinions. That is, etymologically what a forum was, a public meeting place for open discussion.

Comment

I'm not sure either. What is very unfair here is the collective noun 'you lot'. To whom are you referring when you say this?
                  I would say the usual cheerleaders - tt/bailiff advice/milo, yourself (and other old names we can't mention), wonkey, dodge... y'know, the usual suspects.

Comment

Do you then? For sure?
                    Do any of us for sure on forums? Unless people have met each other I don't think anyone can say for sure.

I know as well as anyone else though I think. I'd be happy to be guided by them on most things.

Comment

Do any of us for sure on forums? Unless people have met each other I don't think anyone can say for sure.

I know as well as anyone else though I think. I'd be happy to be guided by them on most things.
                      Too true - we could all be the stereotypical nerd in a darkened room living in a fantasy world. I reckon the only one we know most about for sure is TT and the press reports.

Comment

I would say the usual cheerleaders - tt/bailiff advice/milo, yourself (and other old names we can't mention), wonkey, dodge... y'know, the usual suspects.
                        No, not really, I don't. Those you've mentioned all have their own minds, that is clear from the forums. It's always good to have a consensus of course.

Comment

What was the thread about? seems to have lost the plot somewhere if anyone is still neutral I am I wonder what the answer really is .
                          Think we need an answer from a Bailff

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                            Think we need an answer from a Bailff
                            Because that will garner a truthful answer....

:ohwell:

Comment

No, not really, I don't. Those you've mentioned all have their own minds, that is clear from the forums. It's always good to have a consensus of course.
                              Are you saying you don't know who they are?

Comment

The thread was purposely started to provoke disputes and arguments.

The discussion has been done to death & is currently the subject of flame wars on both CAG & BHF

I'm not sure why they are so obsessed with urging debtors to pay. I would say that more than half of debtors would prefer to take their chances of avoiding enforcement fees ir there was an opportunity to do so.

Why these people are so against debtors being given advice on all options available is very strange.

I believe the £75 fee can be avoided by paying the creditor directly btw.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X