• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council tax / bailiff help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Council tax / bailiff help please

Bear in mind even under the new regime the bailiff cannot have your property for your partners debt, as it was accrued soley by her at a previous address in a different LA area, you are a third party to it no matter what Dossendales claim.

Comment

Sorry but not being very good on the computer, where do I find letter template for bailiff charges on here , can't seem to find it

thanks pasha

Comment

Originally posted by Pasha View Post
        Sorry but not being very good on the computer, where do I find letter template for bailiff charges on here , can't seem to find it

thanks pasha
        It appears to have disappeared but here's similar.

"From:
        My Name
        My Address

To:
        Acme Bailiff Co
        Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:
        a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.
        b - the reason for the fee.
        c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.
        d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.
        e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Comment

I couldn't see it either so have put a new stickie in the bailiff forum xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            I couldn't see it either so have put a new stickie in the bailiff forum xx
            Many thanks

Comment

Thanks for all your help so far will use that template
              rang council on behalf of my partner this morning , the lady I spoke to was very nice and provided the other information about the liability order. I wrote this down on a piece of paper dates amounts etc .
              Now can someone advise us the next procedure , as said at start of post my partner is waiting on a letter from her GP outlining her vunerable she is at the moment and she has proof of benefits , should she send these to both parties council/ bailiffs with a covering letter, sent recorded delivery and as we are not that good at letters could someone possible help us with this ?

Thanks again for everyone's input on this matter , much appreciated

pasha

Comment

Put what you have from the Council in another post, it helps fill some of the blanks in for you. As for your GP letter & proof of Benefits - copy them both and send with a brief letter to both Council & Bailiffs claiming vulnerability as per the National Standards for Enforcement Agents 2014.

Comment

Thank you ploddertom for the help so far , should we offer the council an offer for payback in instalments bearing in mind she is on benefits we can afford £15 a month , and I will make sure this is met every month or just send the info we have to both parties and see what happens

thanks pasha

Comment

Taking the vulnerability issue on its own if accepted means the account should be taken back into the control of the Council. At that stage you can enter negotiations with them as to how much you pay. Therefore I would suggest you take it 1 step at a time.

Comment

Thanks ploddertom , we have just finished a few letters to be posted off to tosserdales and the council in the morning , hopefully we can get this sorted ASAP

pasha

Comment

Keep us updated on progress.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X