• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales Final Notice - Council Tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rossendales Final Notice - Council Tax

Originally posted by davejh View Post
    Dates where given on the "Notice of distress" do you want me to scan and attach (removing an personal info)?
    Just do as you did last time giving the dates beside the charge & amounts.

Comment

Received this email from my Councillor after questioning the dodgy fees and their legal ramifications.

"Hi Dave.
      I need to re iterate the best route to solving problems with spurious charges from rosendales is to meet with the cab or our officers. I am happy to attend with you however I have just had the final report back and we have a 6 month cap on back dating claims. This means we would no longer be able to back date your claim as it is outside that limit.Darren."
      What is the 6 month cap for?

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        What is the 6 month cap for?
        I was claiming housing benefit and JSA during the period they are charging me for Council Tax but I didn't claim Council Tax Benefit.

I received the Final Notice / Notice of distress with the fees scrawled on it on the 10.06.13 (no time stated)

Dave

Comment

I was claiming housing benefit and JSA during the period they are charging me for Council Tax but I didn't claim Council Tax Benefit.

I received the Final Notice / Notice of distress with the fees scrawled on it on the 10.06.13 (no time stated)

Dave
          The DWP inform the council as to entitlement so the council should ghhave been aware, I would challenge the 6 month cap, as other councils have had to backdate beyond this .

Comment

I am struggling with the 6 month bit. I can find numerous councils who state they will backdate 6 months. I can find none which state longer than 6 months. I cannot find the legislation upon which this relies. I think it may be the Local Govt Finance Act and the part cited below:

(8) The Secretary of State may by regulations prescribe other
            requirements for schemes.
            (9) Regulations under sub-paragraph (8) may in particular—
            (a) require other matters to be included in a scheme;
            Local Government Finance Bill
            Schedule 4 — Amendments relating to council tax reduction schemes
            Part 1 — Schedule to be inserted into LGFA 1992
            (b) prescribe classes of person which must or must not be
            included in a scheme;
            (c) prescribe reductions, including minimum or maximum
            reductions, which must be applicable to persons in
            prescribed classes;
            (d) prescribe requirements which must be met by the
            procedure mentioned in sub-paragraph (5).

I've read so much legislation for the moment it won't sink in, but if anyone else can make sense of it before I return to it, that would be great!

Comment

Well all coms with my Councillor had gone dead since talking to CAB so I contaced my MP but nothing there......went to find Rossendales website so I can pay my 1st month to them and for some reason it doesnt exsist anymore even google doesnt know who they are!

Comment

Well all coms with my Councillor had gone dead since talking to CAB so I contaced my MP but nothing there......went to find Rossendales website so I can pay my 1st month to them and for some reason it doesnt exsist anymore even google doesnt know who they are!
                Now part of the Marston group - http://www.marstongroup.co.uk/fundin...s-rossendales/
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Might buy me some time while the switch and collate the new clients information......

Comment

got a letter from the council with my 2012-14 CTB showing zero (student exemption) and £390 arrears!!

Looks like they have taken the debt back!

Now all I have to do is see if they will write that off

Comment

got a letter from the council with my 2012-14 CTB showing zero (student exemption) and £390 arrears!!

Looks like they have taken the debt back!

Now all I have to do is see if they will write that off
                      More like, "Oh sh*t, we've cocked-up. Get the debt back from the bailiffs before we get our arses kicked."
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X