• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CDS Limited Bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDS Limited Bailiffs

Thread Stats
    Views:

WW Factor
    Coming Soon...

Share This Thread:

Hi, a local company to me has sent an invoice of £4500 to me, they cannot explain exactly what it is for etc. I've telephoned numerous occasions to be told the woman I need is out, off today or at lunch. She will not return phone calls.

After a few weeks of this I thought leave it, if she wants the money she will call me back. Out of the blue then came a letter from CDS Ltd (Clear Debt Solutions Limited), they said they were collecting the debt for this company and the amount now owing is £7,413. I phoned and explained that the amount was in dispute to be told I have to pay it anyway. I then almost immediately received a letter from CDS Bailiffs saying that their Bailiff Mr Grant Roberts will be calling to remove goods. I phoned him and said he cannot remove goods without a court order to which he replied 'watch me'. I said to him I'm sure I'm right to which he replied 'get some advice, you'll see i'm right'

So following the mans advice I telephoned a solicitor who said he cannot do anything and the charges added were ridiculous and he just smiled and said if he comes phone the police. He also told me to get his Consumer Credit Licence number and report to OFT. I telephoned bailiff back and asked for CCL number to be told it has nothing to do with this, I don't need it. Can you not just give it to me I said to which he replied, 'look son, you don't need it, it has no bearing, I'll see you at the weekend to remove goods' and slammed the phone down.

I realise that he cannot legally remove goods and i'm told that the fees are too high, but i'm getting sick of the harrassment form constant phone calls telling me to pay it. I do not owe this mponey, they cannot prove it, yet insist on constantly demanding money and this obnoxious bailiff is calling tomorrow.

My wife is very upset and frightened and after an assault in her car a few years ago in her gets very scared of strangers. She is now terrified to stay in the house. She now wants to go stay with her parents all weekend in case this man comes around.

I ohoned OFT who said there was nothing they could do and just to report him for theft if he trys to take anything, but with his aggresive attitude and threatning undertones I am truly worried about an assault this weekend and it is wrong my wife feels she cannot stay in our own house. Is there anything I do to get them to leave me alone.

At the moment as I understand the law this debt is between myself and the local company and until an amount has been agreed or we have been to court then CDS cannot terrorise my family like this?
    Help and advice appreciated.
    The bailiff is not certified when I have checked, but has given a Bailiff reg number on the letter he sent saying he is coming? NAybody know what this means?

as an update in todays post, my case has been passed to Leighton croft and Partners (a trading style of Clear Debt Solutions?) who after seeing the evidence have reached the conclusion that I have received money from their client by fraudlent means. Because of this grave deception we are now........(wait for it?? see what legal course they are going to take??.......)........... ....'preparing a detailed report to be sent to BBC's Rogue Traders!'

The only way of stopping this now is to pay the full amount immediately.

I don't know wether to laugh or cry at this latest one, to me they are making themselves look silly now, but its still distressing to me and my family!! This is taking time now and money I can ill afford - is there no way I can attack them back??

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: CDS Limited Bailiffs

little bit about CDS Clear Debt Solutions Director prosecuted - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

From reading MSE thread it seems the company who invoiced you alledged they paid you for some work that wasn't satisfactory and want their money back ?

Did you do any work for the company ?

If so did they pay you ?

Have they raised any complaint etc over the work ?

Think thats the best place to start.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

OK, np, its not a company I did any work for. ALL my customers are happy and I've never ever had a complaint.

The company who wants money is an ex supplier of mine who says I haven't paid for goods. However as I've never received them I'm not paying for them. I've asked for proof I've received them and this has never materialised.

There were a few telephone conversations with the company at first and the lady was very helpful and said shed sort it out but she woudl never call back then I started getting excuses that she wasn't in, she was on lunch etc etc. As she never rang back I assumed shed fixed the problems and agreed I owed her no money. I was obviously wrong in this assumption as then clear debt solutions started. I don't know if they're acting for the ex supplier or if they've bought the non existant debt?

Hope this helps, sorry, I'm not v good at explaining myself.

Comment

Originally posted by GPotts View Post
        OK, np, its not a company I did any work for. ALL my customers are happy and I've never ever had a complaint.

The company who wants money is an ex supplier of mine who says I haven't paid for goods. However as I've never received them I'm not paying for them. I've asked for proof I've received them and this has never materialised.

There were a few telephone conversations with the company at first and the lady was very helpful and said shed sort it out but she woudl never call back then I started getting excuses that she wasn't in, she was on lunch etc etc. As she never rang back I assumed shed fixed the problems and agreed I owed her no money. I was obviously wrong in this assumption as then clear debt solutions started. I don't know if they're acting for the ex supplier or if they've bought the non existant debt?

Hope this helps, sorry, I'm not v good at explaining myself.
        Have they given the date of the order? Does that date make any difference as whether you would have needed the goods either through them or someone else? Have they produced proof of receipt such as a courier note which is signed for? A delivery address that it was received from?
        They NEED proof of receipt. Did the company take you to court? Was any county court judgement taken out against you? Was the servicing address of such a claim taken out?
        If the bailiff is allegedly coming, can they supply the court from which they have been ordered to enforce a judgement? Remember you do not have to let them in, they have no right of possession.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi,

no, there is no order, they have no proof of delivery and after going to see a solicitor I feel better, he just fell on the floor laughing and told me to tell them to get lost.

He said if bailiff turns up phone the police, they MUST prove I received goods, it is not for me to prove I didn't. He advised I tell consumer direct who forwarded my complaint to Trading Standards who have asked for information regarding letters etc.

As you point out leclerc, it is really up to them. At the moment I think they're just using bullying tactics, they have no legal standing at all at the present. Unfortunately when I asked my solicitor I cannot really initiate court proceedings to get this setlled, it's up to them to take me to court first, then hopefully it will get sorted out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X