• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays Bank Secured Loan Assigned to Eldridge Finance.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays Bank Secured Loan Assigned to Eldridge Finance.

Hello Friends,

I am looking for advise on a problem with a Barclays Bank Loan,secured on my house. This was
    a 10 year Loan which ended on the 29/05/2016, when Imade the final monthly payment.
    Three months before the agreement ended Barclays notified methat, they have assigned the Loan Agreement to Eldridge Finance. Eldridge senta notification advising that I still have a balance outstanding of 500 pounds tobe paid since the completion of the Loan agreement.
    I have repeatedly requested Eldridge to confirm with astatement of account to substantiate their claim, which they have not donesince I made the final payment.
    My question is this:
    Basically, can I apply to the Land Registry or CountyCourt, to have this Property Charge removed and how would I proceed with this???
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays Bank Secured Loan Assigned to Eldridge Finance.

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION];
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Ramuk2 View Post
      Three months before the agreement ended Barclays notified methat, they have assigned the Loan Agreement to Eldridge Finance. Eldridge senta notification advising that I still have a balance outstanding of 500 pounds tobe paid since the completion of the Loan agreement.
      I have repeatedly requested Eldridge to confirm with astatement of account to substantiate their claim, which they have not donesince I made the final payment.
      My question is this:
      Basically, can I apply to the Land Registry or CountyCourt, to have this Property Charge removed and how would I proceed with this???
      Can you confirm the exact name of the company please.

I can't find a business called "Eldridge Finance" on the FCA register but a business called "Eldridge Financial" appears on the register as no longer authorized by the FCA 'for various reasons' so we need to establish whether that is the company chasing you first>

https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Una...000000m4JFNAA2

You also need to check with Land Registry who currently has a charge on your property in relation to this secured loan. Is it still Barclays or has that charge been replaced by Eldridge?

You can do that here on the official Land Registry website which will cost you £3 for an instant PDF download (you'll have to sign up and login but that's free and only takes a minute to do) >

https://www.gov.uk/search-property-i...-land-registry

Did you make your last three months' payments to Eldridge (not Barclays) ?

Di

Comment

Think it might be Elderbridge - https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...000001YY0KMAA1

They have bought a large Barclays portfolio - https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/wales/147038-

Indeed, were those last three payments made and was this £500 Elderbridge were asking for in addition to those payments ?

If the loan has been completely paid off then Barclays/Elderbridge should have the charge removed from the Land Registry. The Charge will need to have been moved over to Elderbridge so it is worth double checking on the Land Registry as Di says to know what action to take.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Think it might be Elderbridge - https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...000001YY0KMAA1

They have bought a large Barclays portfolio - https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/wales/147038-
          That makes more sense.

Thank you

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
            Can you confirm the exact name of the company please.

I can't find a business called "Eldridge Finance" on the FCA register but a business called "Eldridge Financial" appears on the register as no longer authorized by the FCA 'for various reasons' so we need to establish whether that is the company chasing you first>

https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Una...000000m4JFNAA2

You also need to check with Land Registry who currently has a charge on your property in relation to this secured loan. Is it still Barclays or has that charge been replaced by Eldridge?

You can do that here on the official Land Registry website which will cost you £3 for an instant PDF download (you'll have to sign up and login but that's free and only takes a minute to do) >

https://www.gov.uk/search-property-i...-land-registry

Di

Hi Di,
            Thanks for taking the time to reply.
            Sorry, my mistake. It´s just Eldridge.
            Yes, the last 3 months payments were to this Eldridge Company.
            Also, will check on the LR site re: Property Charge and reply on that note.
            Cheers.........

Comment

The last 3 months payments went to 'Eldridge' ( just check is it these http://elderbridge.co.uk/pages/contact-us.html ) - did they ask you for £500 after those 3 payments had been made?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst,
                Thanks for taking the time to reply to this.
                Your correct it´s just Eldridge.
                Yes, last 3 payments were to Eldridge. The additional payment increases with every notification letter.
                Effectively the loan ended after those final payments on 29/05/2016.
                Yes, will do the check on the LR as suggested and give you an update.

Comment

So, after you paid three payments ending 29/5/2016 you had no more to pay, or you had £500 to pay ? (Sorry for asking again, we just need to make sure f there is anything left to pay)

( do you have a statement or something from Eldridge you could send me ? )
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes, this is the company on the link.
                    The notification for the extra payment, had been advised as an outstanding balance on the account. above the monthly payment of 589.66 pounds.
                    The final monthly payment was in May 2016 which ended the finance agreement.
                    BUT...... they are still claiming there is an outstanding balance of 604 pounds, which has increased from the previous/last notification of 584 pounds.

Comment

Since the final payment on the 29/5/2016 I had no further payment and, certainly not 500 pounds.
                      The statements from Eldridge were the payment record from Barclays showing a statement of account payments made.
                      And NOT a statement of account of payments made to Eldridge.
                      Yes, I will send this to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramuk2 View Post
                        Yes, this is the company on the link.
                        The notification for the extra payment, had been advised as an outstanding balance on the account. above the monthly payment of 589.66 pounds.
                        The final monthly payment was in May 2016 which ended the finance agreement.
                        BUT...... they are still claiming there is an outstanding balance of 604 pounds, which has increased from the previous/last notification of 584 pounds.
                        Thank you I think that makes it clear. Did you pay through your bank so you have evidence of the payments?

Would you have a copy of your original loan agreement with Barclays ? ( I know that is a long shot)
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just checked the LR and got a copy of the register on my property and it shows the Charge has been been replaced: pasted below.

(27.01.2016) Proprietor: ELDERBRIDGE LIMITED (Co. Regn. No. 8896386) of Target House, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff CF11 9AU

Comment

Okay, Thanks for doing that, so it is only Elderbridge you need to deal with now

I'll check what you have emailed shortly.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes, all payments for this agreement were made (via the bank internet banking) so records exists.
                              Also, I have copy of the Barclays loan agreement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X