• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Struggling and need some advice about debts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Struggling and need some advice about debts

No news as yet, but don't worry it is all in hand.

I wanted to ask if you are getting any help with your low mood? It would be surprising if you didn't have post traumatic type issues, have you been offered any help or support?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

OK you have basically three options:

1) get a Debt Relief Order - this is like bankruptcy but simpler and cheaper. It will wipe out all your debts. It will mess up your credit file for 6 years but you may not care about that. This is quite a low amount of debt to go into a DRO for, but it gives you a completely clean start and doesn't require you to keep going over the past or stressing about the individual debts at all. See http://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-options/...relief-orders/ for loads of details about how DROs work and how to set one up.

2) sit back and pay off the debts slowly - these aren't large debts, this isn't a life sentence though it's going to take a few years. You need to come to an arrangement about the council tax arrears asap, but everything else you can just offer token payments to (see http://debtcamel.co.uk/token-payment-debt/) then when you get a better paying job you can start clearing them

3) ask for write offs on the grounds of financial abuse. Financial Abuse is only recently being recognised as a major problem, see this recent Citizens Advice report https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ab...nancial-abuse/. Looking at your list of debts the obvious ones to challenge are the catalogue, mobile and overdraft - I suspect it will be harder to do anything about the council tax and water debts. If you want to go for this option, I suggest going to your local Citizens Advice for help - it's great having moral support from the Beagles, but this is one of those times where a letter on Citizens Advice headed paper may be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
        No news as yet, but don't worry it is all in hand.

I wanted to ask if you are getting any help with your low mood? It would be surprising if you didn't have post traumatic type issues, have you been offered any help or support?
        Thank you so much.

Ive been getting help for a while now, since I was 13 when my mam died I was in and out of psychiatric care. My ex partner came around at a time when I was at my lowest I was 16 and wormed his way in with nice words, I care about you even though no one else does, I'll be there when everyone else leaves etc. Looking back they weren't nice words but they worked, and he stopped me going to the psychiatric, because it was all in my head and he could sort it better. Since we broke up I've had a talking therepies doctor who wouldn't talk about my ex because I was going through court and she "wasn't allowed" who discharged me as soon as my court case was over. I've also had regular contact with my local GP who won't represcribe me anti depressants because I'm on their forms as "a high suicide risk". They tell me there is a possibility of PTSD and I have severe anxiety (some days I take off work because I'm frightened to leave the house). I have very varied moods, I go from very very hyper and happy to just nothingness in literally seconds. At the minute I'm only receiving monthly (if the receptionist will book me in for appointments) with my GP, which I'm not finding helpful, I've recently just been trying to get on with everything myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
          OK you have basically three options:

1) get a Debt Relief Order - this is like bankruptcy but simpler and cheaper. It will wipe out all your debts. It will mess up your credit file for 6 years but you may not care about that. This is quite a low amount of debt to go into a DRO for, but it gives you a completely clean start and doesn't require you to keep going over the past or stressing about the individual debts at all. See http://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-options/...relief-orders/ for loads of details about how DROs work and how to set one up.

2) sit back and pay off the debts slowly - these aren't large debts, this isn't a life sentence though it's going to take a few years. You need to come to an arrangement about the council tax arrears asap, but everything else you can just offer token payments to (see http://debtcamel.co.uk/token-payment-debt/) then when you get a better paying job you can start clearing them

3) ask for write offs on the grounds of financial abuse. Financial Abuse is only recently being recognised as a major problem, see this recent Citizens Advice report https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ab...nancial-abuse/. Looking at your list of debts the obvious ones to challenge are the catalogue, mobile and overdraft - I suspect it will be harder to do anything about the council tax and water debts. If you want to go for this option, I suggest going to your local Citizens Advice for help - it's great having moral support from the Beagles, but this is one of those times where a letter on Citizens Advice headed paper may be helpful.
          Hi,

ive looked at one of those before, DRO, but when I spoke to step change they said it wasn't my best option and I should try to slowly pay them off with a token payment plan. But then I stopped my job, and had to wait for benefits, there was a problem for about 7 months when they couldn't give me benefits because I was "already claiming" it turned out when my ex left he opened a joint claim and had been claiming benefits for us as "a couple" they said I must have agreed because I signed the form, but I hadn't. I believe they closed his claim and they wouldn't tell me what happened but fraud was mentioned.

Im already paying towards my council tax debt, but not my water. Celestine has been in touch with a contact at Lowell with my case to discuss the possibilities and we are awaiting a response. I'm not sure if it would be better for me to ring them directly to find out how far forwards we are? They hold the debts for the catalogue and for the mobile.

- - - Updated - - -

I must apolicies to all the people helping that I disappeared for a few days, my mental health has been worse and I've not been able to do much the past couple of days, I really do be want you to think I'm ungrateful for not responding straight away.

Comment

The Vodafone and Studio accounts have both been written off by Lowell Portfolio on compassionate grounds.

If you are vulnerable or have exceptional circumstances, please do flag these up with the debt agencies, put it in writing. If these are ignored feel free to let us know and we'll try and help. Thanks to Lowell for looking into this case and making a kind and fair decision. xxx
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

The Vodafone and Studio accounts have both been written off by Lowell Portfolio on compassionate grounds.

If you are vulnerable or have exceptional circumstances, please do flag these up with the debt agencies, put it in writing. If these are ignored feel free to let us know and we'll try and help. Thanks to Lowell for looking into this case and making a kind and fair decision. xxx
              A great result!!
              nem

Comment

If only I was in charge of the honours list! I hope you lot know just what a difference you make to people's lives.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                ~ Anonymous

Comment

That's great news. Well done Kate, and well done Lowell !!!!
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just to check on this Shazzy, your council tax and water debts are already under control and the debt is being paid off by arrangement alongside your current years payments. Studio and Vodaphone were with Lowell and are now sorted.

So the only one that needs dealing with now is the Lloyds overdraft ? How do things stand with that at the moment?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Just to check on this Shazzy, your council tax and water debts are already under control and the debt is being paid off by arrangement alongside your current years payments. Studio and Vodaphone were with Lowell and are now sorted.

So the only one that needs dealing with now is the Lloyds overdraft ? How do things stand with that at the moment?
                      im making token payments towards both council tax and water debts. The lloyds overdraft, I'm going to attempt to write to them with regards to my situation and attempt to come to a suitable conclusion with them.

Im so grateful to all of the members who have assisted me with this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X