• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

paying a judgement order????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paying a judgement order????

Unfortunately due to some bad advice, not from here I mightadd, had I actually listened to the advice on here I could have savedmyself time, money and upset!!!!

I now need to pay a judgement order.

The order is for the whole amount which is just under fourgrand.

I cannot afford to pay this, canyou advise what I should do next, should I approach the DCA with an offer ofwhat I can pay or wait for the judgement to be enforced?

A very sick bear L
    Tags: None

Re: paying a judgement order????

Oh no Bear, what happened? Is this the one you were thinking of appealing? legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?75733-N164-Appeal-help ? and did you have the hearing for the set aside ( or unless order??? ) I did post this on there for you http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...judgment-order

It is best to be proactive and sort things out ref payment/installments etc rather than wait for enforcement.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Oh no Bear, what happened? Is this the one you were thinking of appealing? legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?75733-N164-Appeal-help ? and did you have the hearing for the set aside ( or unless order??? ) I did post this on there for you http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...judgment-order

It is best to be proactive and sort things out ref payment/installments etc rather than wait for enforcement.

Hi you, thank you for being so kind, really helps.

Yes I was very silly didnt go to the original hearing which I should have, tried for a set aside which was denied (which you did advise would be) I should have taken your advice from you in the beginning when the first papers came through, but I didnt and have learnt a lesson.

Ok so I was thinking of emailing them offer the whole thousand i have sitting in savings and 100. a month, thats my limit so should I go in lower ???

Comment

Well you know for next time xxxx

I think I might offer the £100 a month only ( if that is affordable long term - what 40 months? so 3 1/2 years ) If it isn't easily affordable then I would suggest getting an income and expenditure sheet together to see what you can comfortably afford, then start offer at 20% less than that. You could pay a lump sum, but really that would only benefit you if it paid off the entire judgment debt within 28 days so it saves your credit file. But £1000 on a £4k judgment isn't going to work I'm afraid.

You can try direct with the claimant, but get a consent order drawn up so they can't unilaterally change it, I'd prefer you to apply to the court for a variation of the judgment to installments though, but you can talk to the claimant first to see where they stand on level of installment they are likely to accept.

btw I hope you tell those buggers over there the outcome of your case, but I wouldn't bother listening to any shout of appeal, or fix, or judges in banks pockets rubbish... but it helps other people to see how a case HAS concluded if they are looking for advice/help on similar issues.

Did the claimants get the £600 costs they asked for?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

When was the judgment made?

Ooops, posts crossed with Amethyst.

(Personally, I'd go the 'court' route)
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks I will, Im just writing something up now as I want to explain the expierence too which I think woudl have helped me. thankfully No for the extra 600 costs.

Ok so asking for a court variation how do i go about this? and what do they consider when you say what you can afford?

thank you so much by the way xx

Comment

You'd complete the N245 form http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...s/n245-eng.pdf which has all the IE sheet info they need on it - so best to do a draft first then amend where needed.

Good news on the costs xx
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

COOL, thanks.
                Soooooo do they need to see payslips proof Income and Expenditure???

Comment

You declare that the information you provide is honest. Income needs to be correct ( it is checkable and usually relatively fixed) - Expenditure can be adjusted.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

thought so, cool thanks for your help. xx

Comment

How you getting on with the application Bear ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        How you getting on with the application Bear ?
                        Hi you,

I have managed to get some money together from family and pay the whole amount, so i can have the CCJ satisfied, id rather just pay a family member the money each month and this to be finalised so im sending the cheque recorded delivery and taking copies so I can show the courts and get a certificate.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

Comment

I do need some advice onsomething else please.

Icurrently have a charging order against my property. The CCJ is due to expire in April, but I believethe charging order will stay indefinitely.

The CCJwas sold on from the original lender and I am curious as to why they would dothat if a charging order is indefinite and they are guaranteed their money eventually?

Plus wheredo I stand with this debt being sold on. I would really like to be able to remortgage as my rate at the moment isextremely high but of course cant remortgage with a charging order stillattached

Manythanks
                          Bear

Comment

Okay, so you're all sorted then Good stuff.

Just a little note, the CCJ is likely to stay on your file if it was already applied before you applied for the set aside but marked as satisfied will help in the future. If it hadn't been registered when you applied then it might not yet be registered so you might get away without the credit file damage. Best to check with the court on that though so you know exactly when the 28 days is run from (if its important).

Make sure you update GOODF with what happened - there's far too many threads which die off over there without any conclusion.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Bear23 View Post
                              I do need some advice onsomething else please.

Icurrently have a charging order against my property. The CCJ is due to expire in April, but I believethe charging order will stay indefinitely.

The CCJwas sold on from the original lender and I am curious as to why they would dothat if a charging order is indefinite and they are guaranteed their money eventually?

Plus wheredo I stand with this debt being sold on. I would really like to be able to remortgage as my rate at the moment isextremely high but of course cant remortgage with a charging order stillattached

Manythanks
                              Bear
                              Okay not quite sorted then lol... crossed posts.

The CCJ won't 'expire' but it won't show on your credit file after April. The CO will stay until your debt is paid off. Are you paying installments or anything to this debt ?

Only way to ditch the CO is to negotiate with the creditor ( holder of the charge) to pay if off and have it removed.

Who has it been sold from and to - just if they are actually same company? Otherwise they will need to change ownership of the CO.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X