• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi just joined.. 👋 looking for advice regarding marlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi just joined.. 👋 looking for advice regarding marlin

Okay have you tried speaking with HSBC since starting getting these letters from Marlin ?, that might help sort out why they have assigned it elsewhere. Might be the arrangement was over too long a period or just wasn't getting anywhere in reducing the debt, but HSBC should have written to you to inform you that they were assigning the debt to Marlin.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well this is the problem there call centres are over seas and it's difficult to explain as much as they are so polite and try to help I don't seem to get any where I think I may need to go in but you maybe right the payments may not have been as high as they would of liked but my situation at the time stopped me from increasing them. I will wait to hear back from marlin after losing a couple years of my life it's difficult to remember what I said and did back then.. I really appreciate your advice what a fantastic forum.

Comment

I like it xx I understand what you mean about the call centers, sometimes they just seem to be going through the motions but nothing actually happens. I think you just need to ask why they are still collecting the direct debit if they have sold on your account to Marlin.

If Marlin don't get the credit agreement they can't enforce the debt, but it isn't a very old agreement so it is likely it will show up at some point, so you might want to consider sorting out a new arrangement with Marlin based on your income and expenditure so it is an affordable and sustainable amount while you have a bit of time as they haven't sent it to court yet. Or tell them you had an arrangement with HSBC based on your circumstances and really can't do any more.

If they do take court action then you can offer through the court to set payment amounts or defend on the basis of no credit agreement (but that could drag on for a long time and it can get a bit stressful, and they can come up with the agreement at the last minute)

I do think first step though is to try speak to HSBC and find out what happened to your account.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes you are right the agreement would only be seven years old I was quite happy paying it off before just do not like the way they have dealt with it.. Will let you know how it all pans out.
          Thanks again marvelous work your doing wish I have know about this site a few years ago.. ��

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X