• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdales/Paypal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdales/Paypal

Hi many thanks for warm welcome.
    And very quick professional helpful response.
    Tags: None

Hi and to LB.

Please post up what your issue is and our community will see how we can assist you.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I would hazard a guess problems with PayPal. ?. I would never use them again, I will not disclose details, except NEVER AGAIN.

Comment

Hi
        I've finally found time to seek advice regarding a county court claim
        Claimant Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd
        Via Overdales Solicitors
        Ref PayPal account, for approx. £2600.
        Its my wife's debt, but I wish to help..
        Youve helped me in the past, and I would appreciate help for the future.
        ISSUE DATE 08 AUG 2024
        Received 13 AUG 2024
        Acknowledgment of service 22 AUG 2024 via money line.

Having looked at your detailed advisory guide I've worked out that I've until10/09/2024 to get together a defence.
        The simpler the better.
        I did speak once briefly to Overdales, my wife was very nervous, so she gave me permission to speak to them, which they duely noted, on the 13th of August. It was a general chat, they had no idea I was defending the claim.
        They were assuming they were going to get judgement, and we would have 5 months to pay, under court rules.
        How would, and "should" I now proceed
        Many thanks

Comment

a) Send a SAR request to Paypal, they have 30 days to provide all the data they hold on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

b) Send a CCA request to Lowell, they have 12 days to provide a copy of the original agreement. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

c) Send a CPR 31.14 request to Overdales, they have 7 days to provide all the documents they are relying on to make the claim against you, again get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

d) This is an example Defence, start looking at it, don't fill or file it with the Court or their solicitors yet.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-court-claims/

Don't speak to creditors, solicitors etc over the phone, everything in writing. Keep on top of this, especially dates for filing defence etc. Workout when your Defence is due, 28 days from the date on the claim form. If you can post on the thread 5 days before it's due we can help with your Defence.

Comment

Many thanks for your very prompt reply. I will get the letters reference a, b, c sorted out later today.
            Regarding defence, due to me misreading, it looks like I have little time, please advise.
            As mentioned
            Issue print 08/08/2024
            Receved 13/08/2024.
            So 28 days is the 10/08/2024.
            Take note of all your comments
            Many thanks

Comment

Reference
              Particulars of Claim
              The claim is for the sum of £0000.00 due by the Defendant under an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for a PayPal account reference of****************

The Defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a Default Notice was served under s. 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 which has not been complied with.

The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 21-04-23, notice of which has been given to the defendant.
              The claim includes statutory interest under S. 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of£0.00.
              The Claimant claims the sum of £0000.00

Just wanted to make sure you had the correct " nuonces"as I'm fully aware that I have no legal training
              Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by Ardross12 View Post
                Many thanks for your very prompt reply. I will get the letters reference a, b, c sorted out later today.
                Regarding defence, due to me misreading, it looks like I have little time, please advise.
                As mentioned
                Issue print 08/08/2024
                Receved 13/08/2024.
                So 28 days is the 10/08/2024.
                Take note of all your comments
                Many thanks
                Have a go at the example Defence, copy and paste back to this thread without personal details.

Comment

Thanks
                  I will try to copy and paste not my strongest "art form"
                  Kind regards

Comment

Claim No

LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 LTD
                    Claimant

And

Defendant

DEFENCE

1.The Defendant received the claim (**) from the Northampton County Court 13/08/2024

2.Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3. This claim is for a loan agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4.It is admitted that the Defendant has previously entered into an agreement with PayPal for provision of credit.

5.The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

6. The Claimant's Particulars of Claim ( fail to state when the agreement was entered into)

7(The Defendant contend the alleged debt is statue barred by virtue of Section 5of the Limitations Act 1980 in that no payment or acknowledgement has been made for over 6 years)

8.The Claimant's statement of case states that the account was assigned from PayPal to LOWELL on 21:04/2023.The defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

9.It is deemed that Lowells served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.
                    The Claimant is required to prove that the any Default notice relied upon complied with the requirements of s88(4a) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and that the notice was in the prescribed form as required by the Consumer Credit Enforcement Default Notice and Notice of Assignment.

10.I haven't sent them yet?
                    11 haven't got solicitor?

12 On the ** The Defendant sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Lowells
                    pursuant to section (77 or 78) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee

13, 14, 15, 16,17,18
                    Which ones

Comment

Morning team
                      Apologies for delay
                      I wanted to emphasise how much I appreciate your help.
                      The last few days I have had a few personal issues, caring roles for elderly, and important universal credit interviews etc.
                      However I'm prepared to get back on track today
                      I've hand written the above as I don't no how to copy and paste.
                      I have a basic undedstanding

Comment

Sorry pressed button by mistake!
                        I will take note of all your professional advive

Comment

Sorry advice

Comment

Email Overdales / Lowells (you could copy in the Court), ask for an extension as you haven't sent the CCA / SAR / CPR.

Your request is being made under CPR 15.5., write as follows, make sure you include the Court claim details.

'The Defendant seeks an extension under CPR15.5 so the Claimant can provide the requested information to the Defendant.'

Comment

My understanding then to do now!
                              Claimant lowells
                              Address overdales
                              So email both
                              Claim number LOWELL reference

The sentence above immediately
                              As I've now got a printer I'm doing
                              CCA/SAR/CPR
                              now is a personal cheque ok, or is it postal order preferred

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X