• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LINK financial sent me a reconstituted CCA from Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi yes I think they are angling for it to be restarted! That will not be happening!

Comment

Originally posted by Marty2.8 View Post
      Hi yes I think they are angling for it to be restarted! That will not be happening!
      Cool.

Comment

Thanks again for everyone's help

Comment

Hi Wescot have written back saying " We refer to your recent communication regarding the above account, please review the Statements that I have enclosed for you as requested. Santander have advised the previously issued Agreement is the only copy that they are available to provide to you. I can confirm that the payment arrangement is still in place on this account"
          So what do I write back now? The original is illegible.
          Thanks again everyone
          I would write back thanking them for confirming that the 'document supplied on xx/xx/xx is the only document Santander is able to supply under your CCA request. Given that this document is illegible, this document does not comply with s.77-79 CCA and renders the account unenforceable until a legible agreement can be located and supplied. Is this the account with 3k outstanding? How much have you paid of the debt? Bearing in mind they would only get about 10% if they sold the account to a debt purchase company, it may be an opportunity to settle this account or cease payments if they continue to be unable to provide the agreement. It's a slightly unusual situation because most defaulted accounts get sold on by now.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Celestine, thats great advice thank you, I will write that letter now. Yes this account is around £3K I have only been paying around £2 a month to them
            Should I offer a settlement in the same letter? Or wait for a response?

Comment

Await a response first, do not mention settlement just yet but perhaps mention that you are considering ceasing payments given the circumstances. You await their suggestions as to how to resolve this dispute etc...
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Okay, I have already ceased payments, I stopped paying after my original CCA request and have never started them!
                I will tweak your suggestion slightly and put in that I do no intend paying them.
                Thanks yet again!

Comment

That's absolutely fine, perhaps reference this and comment that payments will not recommence until compliance with CCA.

Comment

Morning, I have had a slight disaster. I have had a bag stolen from my car containing 2 of the letters confirming that the accounts were unenforceable. What can I do? Write back and request copy letters and say why?
                    And to update you all I am still waiting on Wescot reply about the illegible CCA they sent me. I will keep you all informed.
                    I am also negotiating with Arvarto over the balance I have from Barclays Bank, I didnt ask for a CCA on that with it being a current account.

Comment

Morning, I have had a slight disaster. I have had a bag stolen from my car containing 2 of the letters confirming that the accounts were unenforceable. What can I do? Write back and request copy letters and say why?
                      And to update you all I am still waiting on Wescot reply about the illegible CCA they sent me. I will keep you all informed.
                      I am also negotiating with Arvarto over the balance I have from Barclays Bank, I didnt ask for a CCA on that with it being a current account.
                      Just send them another SAR, they will have copies of the 'unenforceable' letters.

Comment

Hi, I have only sent them CCA requests, whats the procedure for a SAR please?

Comment

Hi, I have only sent them CCA requests, whats the procedure for a SAR please?
                          Make sure you get Proof of Postage -

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Hi, so my dispute with Wescot acting for Santander continues. I wrote asking for a legible copy and have had this reply.
                            2 letters one from Wescot the other from Santander Complaints team.
                            Wescot say:
                            We refer to your recent communication querying the balance owed
                            Having contacted our client they have enclosed the copy of the Final Responce Letter
                            (the rest of their letter says account is on hold till 23/2/22 and then collection activity will resume.
                            Santander say:
                            Thank you for contacting wescot and telling them your concerns, as this relates to a Santander account they have forwarded details of your complaint to us to review, I am sorry you felt unhappy
                            Im sorry you felt you needed to contact us about the outstanding balance on your Everyday credit card. You believe the debt is unenforceable until a legible agreement can be located and supplied.
                            While I appreciate the problem this situation has caused you, my investigations have shown that this wasnt due to a mistake on our part. This is because having liaised with our Collections and Recoveries dept, it has been confirmed you are liable for the account and we will continue our process to collect as normal.
                            To explain this further , the Everyday credit card was opened on 6 April 2011 and by completing the application, you have agreed to the terms and conditions of the account. As a customer you have a duty to comply with the terms and conditions of the account including the payment of any outstanding sums and accrued interest.You are obliged to fulfill these conditions
                            Hopefully you agree to the outcome but if not you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman free of charge but you must do within 6 months of the date of this letter.
                            If you dont refer your complaint in time the Ombudsmen wont have our permission to consider your complaint and will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances
                            (the rest is just blurb about how to contact them if you have anything to ask)

So what do I do now? I have not had another copy apart from the original illegible one.
                            I await your advice everyone...

Comment

they have a problem no copy no enforcement? comes to mind.

Comment

Even if the debt is 'unenforceable' through the courts, Santander and their collections agents can still continue to try to collect the monies they state you owe. Santander has stated exactly that in their letter.

Your position is that they need to provide a legible copy. Until they do you aren't required to 'play ball', make payments, arrange a plan etc.

What you've asked from them is a 'legible' copy, fairly straight forward request.

Celestine

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X