• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LINK financial sent me a reconstituted CCA from Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marty2.8 View Post
    Hi, nothing back from the letters yet, Link are becoming a pain ringing the house and my mobile despite my last letter saying I did not wish to be contacted by phone.
    If I was to ring them to say stop ringing me, what should I say? just that? or is there something I can quote about harassment or similar?
    Thanks
    Look up the 2/3 tel numbers for Link, see if you can block them with your service provider. There's the TPS service -

https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/

Comment

Telephoning once a day during office hours is normal and not counted as harassment unless you can provide some specific (medical) reason why such calls could be causing harm as then Write to inform them.
      useful guide here: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...-by-creditors/
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

So a strange reply from Link, two letters on same day one dated the 1 Dec the other the 7 Dec
        One says dispute is noted. The other has sent exactly the same reconsituted agreement!
        What do I do now?

Comment

good info

Comment

Having looked closer. The resending of the reconstituted agreement was dated the 1st and the noting of a complaint was the 7th. It also says they will reply in 4 weeks so I will sit and wait..

Comment

Having looked closer. The resending of the reconstituted agreement was dated the 1st and the noting of a complaint was the 7th. It also says they will reply in 4 weeks so I will sit and wait..
              Yes, sounds like they are at 'sixes and sevens', maybe agreeing that you have a 'valid' dispute regarding the 'reconstituted agreement'.

Comment

Hi , today another letter from Link about my “dispute” Its strange. They say on page 1 they have found they have not broken any of the guidelines that govern their organisation. On page 2 its says points raised: they failed to comply with my documentation request.
                investigative notes: having investigated the matter further,pur team are now able to comfirm the following in regards to your dispute.
                having reviewed the account I can currently confirm that we are unable to comply with your request under Sec 77,78,79 of the consumer credit act 1974 and therefore we agree that the account is currently unenforceable
                until such a time when we are able to provide the documentation.
                (followed by blurb about still being collectable)
                What a result! Thanks to everyone

Comment

Well done, update the thread if keep getting the silly calls or anything else.

Comment

Good result. Keep all paperwork carefully filed.
                    Personally I would write back thanking them for confirming your assertion that the documents supplied previously do not comply with CCA 1974.
                    You should state that you understand that they are entitled to continue reasonable collection communications but that they are unable to enforce the account (which means get a County Court Judgment against you) I would ask them to ensure that this account is not passed to their litigation team while the account remains unenforceable as that would be unfair and stressful to you as well as a potential abuse of the court system. Close, with something like, I await receipt of the correct documentation pertaining to your CCA request dated XX.
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Yes ask for a legible copy.

This is still valid, the OFT is now called FCA, have a read.

https://www.uk-debtcollection.com/pu...ms/OFT1272.pdf
                      Hi Wescot have written back saying " We refer to your recent communication regarding the above account, please review the Statements that I have enclosed for you as requested. Santander have advised the previously issued Agreement is the only copy that they are available to provide to you. I can confirm that the payment arrangement is still in place on this account"
                      So what do I write back now? The original is illegible.
                      Thanks again everyone

Comment

You have to be sent a “true copy” of the agreement – this doesn’t have to be a photocopy of the original agreement. It must be legible and it must include:
                        • your name and address when the account was opened;
                        • the creditor’s name and address when the account was opened;
                        • the terms and conditions of the account at that time, including the cost of credit (the Annual Percentage Rate), when you have to make payments and your cancellation rights; and
                        • any other documents that were mentioned in the Terms and Conditions

Comment

is there anything I can quote?

Comment

is there anything I can quote?
                            What you need to do is cease payments until they can provide a 'legible copy', you can't have a situation where they can't provide a legible copy and you are still paying them, it defeats the reason of asking for a 'True Copy' in the first place.

There's a letter, that you can amend and send as a follow up (scroll down) -

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...to-cca-request

Comment

Hi, thanks for that, I have not been paying them since the original request from September. I will send another letter and add in about it being legible.

Comment

Hi, thanks for that, I have not been paying them since the original request from September. I will send another letter and add in about it being legible.
                                I was going by their response.

'I can confirm that the payment arrangement is still in place on this account'.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X