• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA is this enforceable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA is this enforceable

Hello
    I am have received a letter from PRA group saying they will take court action if i do not make a payment plan, I sent CCA request last year in June they replied saying they could not provide the information and the debt was nonenforceable ,they have since sent me a copy of the application form dated Oct 2000 (credit card application )but not heard of them until this letter this week which i have to reply to by 19th Sept
    Any advice would be gratefully received
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Hello
    Can anyone please help me with the above post as i am getting continues letters from PRA saying this debt is enforceable

Comment

That's an application form not a credit agreement, it doesn't even show any rates of interest and therefore they have still not complied with your request. Also, there will be separate terms for the PPI you took out with it.

I'd suggest you write back to them informing them of this and that they need to comply with your CCA request or go away.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thank you very much for getting back to me
        Along with the copy of the application form they have sent copies of the terms and conditions
        I wrote last year for the CCA which they replied with the above documents and also a letter saying the debt was not enforceable and i have not heard from them for 12months Now the letters have started again and they are adamant that it is enforceable I have recently been told i have leukemia and the stress of this is making me ill (i have told PRA this)

Comment

The Terms might make it enforceable if they are the terms of the credit agreement. You need to post them too.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi
            The first one is the original the others have been sent to me as well but these were not received when the credit card was originally signed for
            Attached Files

Comment

Those terms are not the credit agreement either, it states at the top of the first page of them "Please refer to your credit agreement for conditions 1 and 2."

There's no 1 or 2 on that application form they originally send you, so that's not the credit agreement either.

The writing on the right of that "original" in post #6 are too small to read, are the readable to you?

The other typed pages are reconstitution of the original, in other words what MBNA were putting on cards at the time.

When did the debt default?

When did you last make a payment on it? Is it still showing on your credit file?

Do any of the letters from them have "Letter Before Action" on it and forms to complete and return enclosed?

Comment

No it is not readable to me only with a magnifying glass
                Dept defaulted 2011 sold to PRA in 2013
                I have attached the latest letter from PRA
                Thank you very much for your time it is greatly appreciated
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by joejo View Post
                  No it is not readable to me only with a magnifying glass
                  Dept defaulted 2011 sold to PRA in 2013
                  I have attached the latest letter from PRA
                  Thank you very much for your time it is greatly appreciated
                  Okay then it does not fulfil your CCA request as there is no legible copy of the credit agreement referred to in those terms and they need to comply by providing one.

Okay I assume the £51 wasn't a one off payment and the last payment you made was after September 2013?

Comment

The £51 was 51 months at a £1 i stopped paying them last year when the said the debt was unenforceable Now the letters have stared again i have told them to stop the letters as they have not for filled the CAA request But there reply is the above letter

Comment

The £51 was 51 months at a £1 i stopped paying them last year when the said the debt was unenforceable Now the letters have stared again i have told them to stop the letters as they have not for filled the CAA request But there reply is the above letter
                      You just need to go back to them with my points in post #9 and keep reiterating them. Tell them that should they write to you again for anything other than to fulfil your CCA request that you will consider it harassment and without further reference to them commence legal proceedings against them and remind them of Ferguson v British Gas 2009.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help
                        I have sent a letter today with the points you have made hopefully that will be the last I hear from them

Comment

Thank you very much for your help
                          I have sent a letter today with the points you have made hopefully that will be the last I hear from them
                          Don't hold your breath, they aren't in the game of giving up until they have to.

Comment

Hi as you said they are not in the game of giving up ,we have now received a letter from county court asking for income and expenditure ect ,there is also a option if we agree we owe the debt or not Could you possibly advice what to do and should agree that the debt is owed or not, I have a letter from PRA from May 2018 saying that the debt is not enforceable should i include a copy of this when i return the from Any advice would be gratefully received.Thank you

Comment

Hi as you said they are not in the game of giving up ,we have now received a letter from county court asking for income and expenditure ect ,there is also a option if we agree we owe the debt or not Could you possibly advice what to do and should agree that the debt is owed or not, I have a letter from PRA from May 2018 saying that the debt is not enforceable should i include a copy of this when i return the from Any advice would be gratefully received.Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X