• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell portfolio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell portfolio

I’ve been receiving letters from the above company regards a mobile phone contract that started in 2007 and was closed in 2009 but they insisted that I owe them £153.
    i was advices to ignore this company as they buy old delta and try there luck but now I’ve been sent “claim form” from the courts.
    im fully aware this cost very little to do online but still I’m not sure how much worse this situation can get.
    ive checked my credit file and the defaulted me in 2017 now I’m sure after 6 years this dept would be spent?
    At the time I was living at a previous address and had not received a single letter from the “three g” then 6 months sgo I started getting these letters from Lowell portfolio.

please can you advise my next step
    Tags: None

If it was closed in 2009 and you haven't paid anything towards it since then it will likely be statute barred and you can use that as your defence. However you probably need to ask them for more information first if they are claiming it defaulted in 2017. Does anything appear on your credit file from this debt?

Could you please post the particulars of claim from the claim form.

Also go online and acknowledge the claim with intent to defend in full - Don't write any defence at this point
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I’ve checked my credit file and yes it shows on my file

I’ve now received another letter from them I had 14 days to respond and now it’s 5 days since I received the county court business centre letter

so if I send a letter to 3G and to the solicitor do I have time on my side

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Could you please post the particulars of claim from the claim form.

Also go online and acknowledge the claim with intent to defend in full - Don't write any defence at this point
        Can you do the above please.

Also so what is the issue date on the claim form please ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

1) the defendant entered into an agreement with three mobil under account reference 9xxxxxxxxccc (“the agreement”)
          2)the defendant failed to maintain the requirements and the service was terminated
          3)the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on the 29/11/2018 and a notice given to the defendant
          4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £153.40 remains due and outstanding. And the claimant claims
          a) The said sum of £153.40
          b) Interest pursuant to s69 country courts act 1985 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of issue accruing to one daily rate of £0.034, but limited to one year being £7.23 c) Costs

Comment

Thanks Your CPR 31.14 request can ask for the Agreement, Notice of Assignment …. also ask for Termination / Default Notice ( even though it's not specifically mentioned ) Send that to the claimant's solicitors.

You can send a SAR to Three Mobile. If this still appears on your credit file then it may not be statute barred as you thought. Can you see the default date on your credit file? If it was closed in 2009 as you thought there Is absolutely no way it should be on your credit file.... a SAR should get the relevant info.

Have you entered the acknowledgment of service with intent to defend in full ?

What is the issue date on the claim form ?

Links for you.

Acknowledge Claim

CPR 31.14 Request

Subject Access Request Letter
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

All letters are now sent and awaiting a reply but letters from Lowell solicitors are still appearing saying I have till the 11th aug or face a CCJ
              can they give me a CCJ for £235.63?

Comment

Hello

ive receive another letter from Lowell solicitors

expressing my my intent to defend and that the issue relates to an early termination fee in August 2016
                and that the original credited is not required to retain a copy of the agreement and there for they are not able to request one.

and that failure to respond to the claim form in the required time scale will result in a CCJ

i really need to know what my next step is or do I need to pay this off?????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X