• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj and Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj and Lowell

Hi
    so I received a letter today from Lowell portfolio starting that I hadn't paid my ccj (dated October 2015).. And I've been reading about the statue barred..the original debt is dated 7th May 2013..No payments made no contact made on my behalf.. I'm a little confused.. do I make contact and pay or ??

thank in advance
    Tags: None

Statute barred doesn't apply if they have a CCJ against you .The 6yr clock would have stopped at the time of court proceedings .Up to you if you get in touch but ignoring a ccj won't make it go away and can lead to further issues over non payment .

Comment

Did you know about the CCJ before your received this letter?

If the judgment was Oct 2015 then that stopped the clock and it wasn't statute barred then.... and it doesn't go statute barred once there is a judgment, so it's either set up installments to pay or apply to court to set aside the judgment. CCJ's stay on your credit file for 6 years, so till Oct 2021.

Whoops sorry Glendale, we must have posted at same time, so .... what Glendale said ^^^^^^ xxx
      Last edited by Amethyst; 4th April 2019, 16:36:PM. Reason: crossed posts
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I new I had the judgement thought it was paid and just there for 6 years..(long story)..I'll go online make payment plan..

thank you

Comment

Have they taken any enforcement action since obtaining the CCJ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X