• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET parking at McDonalds , please advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET parking at McDonalds , please advise

Hi all , new here .
    Just after some advice if possible.
    In December 2018 my daughters car occurred an overstay invoice at a local McDonald's. She was allowed 90 mins but the car was left there a further 31 minutes, thus getting a charge letter of £100 , £50 if pay immediate.
    Now this was the week my daughter bought her first house and moved out so it all sort of got forgotten in the mayhem, , after returning this week to pick up 3 months post we have 3 more letters off MET PARKING SERVICES and now debt collection DRP Ltd to pursue the debt which now stands at £160 .
    I have read through forums and not sure which way to turn on this , we have had no contact at all with either company do far .
    it appears they as a company have followed their guidelines by relevant accredited associations .
    Anyone who can offer a guiding hand we would be most grateful .
    kind regards
    Rob
    Tags: None

DRP you can ignore, they are mere debt collectors and have no powers.

Post up the NTK that was received, suitably redacted but leave the dates.

Frequently MET at MCd get it wrong and can't chase the keeper.

Comment

Could you find out whether there is CCTV installed at the site? (As opposed to ANPR.)

My local McD drive-through has it.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi both.
        thanks for the responses . The site won't let me upload NTK form as resolution problems on this site and can't make it low enough in settings to get pic through to you ..
        I'm not sure if there is CCTV At the McDonald's or just Plate recognition. Anything i can try i will

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto68 View Post
          Hi both.
          thanks for the responses . The site won't let me upload NTK form as resolution problems on this site and can't make it low enough in settings to get pic through to you ..
          I'm not sure if there is CCTV At the McDonald's or just Plate recognition. Anything i can try i will
          Amethyst .....a little help here?

The CCTV issue is a tricky one.
          Not all CCTV footage (on it's own) can be used for evidential purposes.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

How will I find out if they have CCTV on the car park, do they have to sign the fact your on camera ? They obviously have plate recognition, is that enough for them ?
            I'm yet to respond to them , does the incorrect address have any bearing, yes I'm her dad and she has now opened all letters but if she has moved house and letters went to old address she maybe would never have received them

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto68 View Post
              How will I find out if they have CCTV on the car park, do they have to sign the fact your on camera ? They obviously have plate recognition, is that enough for them ?
              I'm yet to respond to them , does the incorrect address have any bearing, yes I'm her dad and she has now opened all letters but if she has moved house and letters went to old address she maybe would never have received them
              ANPR is fine (as long as it is of an appropriate type.)

Is she on the electoral roll at the new address?
              & when did she update (if at all) with DVLA?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

She has yet to change address at DVLA on car ownership so still registered at mine, electoral roll , she was here but not sure how that gets transferred to new property.
                she is the owner of the new property .
                sorry for being so vague

Comment

So, as the "READ ME FIRST" thread says, post your images on a picture hosting site, such as imgur, and link to the photo.

CCTV is irrelevant. How will they be able to put a name on the driver?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                    So, as the "READ ME FIRST" thread says, post your images on a picture hosting site, such as imgur, and link to the photo.

CCTV is irrelevant. How will they be able to put a name on the driver?
                    Just guessing, but if the RK does go to court, & the Claimant turns up with CCTV footage........?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

https://imgur.com/a/RN6cpVM

Comment

I doubt if the parking company have control of the CCTV, that will be McD and to give the PPC a copy of that data would be a GDPR breach. The CCTV will be licensed, probably for crime prevention purposes, and use for other purposes is not permitted.

See if you can find the permit details at the ICO

Comment

Imho the NtK looks compliant.

How about the site signage?
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

If doing phone pics- screenshot the picture before uploading the screenshot ( screenshots a lot lower res than a photo but perfectly good enough quality for reading )
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Morning guys. So what's the gut feeling ? Have we got any wriggle room here or have we gotta swallow this ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X