• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from VCS Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Whether or not a judge would view that as 'de minimus' is debatable.
    All depends on the 'judges' lottery!'

What we do need is copies of the 2 postal PCN's.

& I would agree with ostell ........the sign, imho, does not meet the Beavis v ParkingEye test (Supreme Court case.)
    So I only have one PCN NTD (referring to the first bit of paper stuck to my windscreen).
    In referring to the second piece of paper stuck to my windscreen I get a letter each month stating that they are "continuing to evaluate your correspondence...." which i find a bit unnerving as it seems that they are waiting for me to comply with their demands relating to the first PCN before hitting me again later on.
    I attach the PCN NTD and a copy of one of the letters.

Attached Files

Comment

Where in Liverpool? (ie private land, airport etc)

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Got it!
        Thanks again.

Comment

Where in Liverpool? (ie private land, airport etc)

Tenant parking around private apartment blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Parsfield#12 View Post

So I only have one PCN NTD (referring to the first bit of paper stuck to my windscreen).
            In referring to the second piece of paper stuck to my windscreen I get a letter each month stating that they are "continuing to evaluate your correspondence...." which i find a bit unnerving as it seems that they are waiting for me to comply with their demands relating to the first PCN before hitting me again later on.
            I attach the PCN NTD and a copy of one of the letters.
            What does contravention date and issue date mean in the letter

Comment

Originally posted by Setmefree3 View Post

What does contravention date and issue date mean in the letter
              My understanding is that this issue date is the date that the (unofficial) PCN was stuck to the windscreen (i.e alleged contravention date).

Comment

The 'contravention' letter doesn't mean diddleysquat, really.

It *looks* as if they are claiming that an official windscreen PCN was issued. (which 'magically' disappeared before the driver's return to the vehicle.)
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The 'contravention' letter doesn't mean diddleysquat, really.

It *looks* as if they are claiming that an official windscreen PCN was issued. (which 'magically' disappeared before the driver's return to the vehicle.)
                  Thought so, just checking.

Comment

Ok

That postal Notice to Driver. (Post #16)

PoFa 2012 Schedule 9

7(2)The notice must—

(a)specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

'Liverpool' doesn't cut it as far as relevant land is concerned, & they only state a time on the Notice, not a period (ie from [y] to [z]).

As long as you haven't ID'd the drive, bye bye VCS!
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok

PoFa 2012 Schedule 9

7(2)The notice must—

(a)specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;

'Liverpool' doesn't cut it as far as relevant land is concerned, & they only state a time on the Notice, not a period (ie from [y] to [z]).

As Dick Emery said. Oh you are awful, but I like you

Comment

The only thing that they can now try is to abandon PoFA 2012, in which case they have to pursue the driver.
                        & you're under absolutely no obligation to 'out' whoever that person might have been.
                        July last year? I'm lucky if I can remember what occurred yesterday!
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok

PoFa 2012 Schedule 9

7(2)The notice must—

So the NTD does state the car park name and address and the vehicle. I redacted that information in the copy I sent you, just leaving the City name. Only a contravention date Time is given - not a period

Comment

Hi. Just joined. My issue is with 2 PCN issued over the same weekend by VCS Ltd in Liverpool last July. Despite making arrangements with the landlord to park in his allocated bay I was issued with the first PCN 15 minutes after arrival and while I was retrieving the parking permit that had been left for me in the apartment. The second PCN was issued the next day despite the permit being on display in my windscreen. I have appealed an the companies website and refused to pay the alleged charge of £100 or the alleged debt recovery fee of £60 or the £25 court fees which have appeared on a recent Court Court Claim Form. I am happy to continue to dispute the alleged charges. So what is my next step? Any assistance greatly appreciated.
                            Hi. You said that you retrieved the parking permit that was left for you. Would you have confirmation of the booking that would correspond with the dates that you received the tickets? i.e bank statements proving that you paid to booking.com at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Setmefree3 View Post

Hi. You said that you retrieved the parking permit that was left for you. Would you have confirmation of the booking that would correspond with the dates that you received the tickets?
                              Yes. I have the booking confirmation number for the apartment with dates from Booking.Com. Their website advertised parking available but I ended having to make parking arrangements with the landlord (via the Booking.com website).

Comment

Yes. I have the booking confirmation number for the apartment with dates from Booking.Com. Their website advertised parking available but I ended having to make parking arrangements with the landlord (via the Booking.com website).
                                I think the fact you had a parking permit left in the apartment proves that your intentions were genuine. It would help if you have the original booking advert with parking available. Maybe check the same place on booking.com to see if the same arrangements are there.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X