• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Guidance on recovery following court judgement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guidance on recovery following court judgement

Hi I am a new member looking for some guidance,

I instructed builder to do renovation work which he left half way through after taking advance payments for labour and materials citing that he is liquidating his company. As I paid him personally I took him to small court claims. He defended the case but did not follow through and I have now received judgement by default approx amount 10k GBP.

I am looking for advice and guidance on best way to recover this amount. Please can you guide me the right forum section where I could share further details and get some advice?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Your problem is his intention to liquidate.

Are they a Limited company or sole trader?
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply.

I am looking at guidance on recovery after receiving judgement from court.

Pls advice which forum section to use

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WA11 View Post

thanks
        You can get advice here if you answer the questions you are asked.

Are they a Limited company or sole trader?
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by WA11 View Post

thanks
          Thanks for your reply. Judgement received is against sole trader and I am looking for advice on recovery from this one individual (sole trader)

Thanks for your help

Comment

If it were me, for this kind of money I would seriously consider an HCEO.
            https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...y-court-claim/
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X