• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

M and S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, sorry for posting again, however I am still really frightened and worried about what may happen.

Comment

No need to apologise, we appreciate how frightening this sort of incident can be.

However there is no need to worry.as nothing will happen
      The police weren't involved so there will be no action from them, no criminal record.

You might well receive a series of rather scary letters from a firm called DWF.
      They will come over all legalese and demand an extortionate sum of money for imagined costs.
      You just ignore those, and their empty implied threats.
      If you want to read them in advance we have copies here: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...rs-rlp-and-dwf

Although M&S have banned you from entering their stores, funnily enough all they can do if you do go back in is to ask you to leave.
      If you actually purchase goods, they cannot take them from you if you have paid for them
      If (and I'm not suggesting you would) you were actually to shoplift you could then be charged with burglary rather than theft.
      The ban is really a bit of an empty sanction as it doesn't really mean much, and after being accused falsely of theft you probably would not want to continue supporting them in their hour of need (they aren't doing very well at the mo' are they!)

Just to repeat nothing untoward will happen

Comment

Thankyou DES8, I am so worried I cannot eat or sleep. I keep imagining I am on some sort of rogues gallery posted all over Marks stores.

Comment

Have you ever seen a 'rogues gallery' when you've been in a Marks ? I know I haven't.

I really wouldn't worry xxxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry Amethyst I meant in staffrooms etc

Comment

hardly likely... they seem to be banning so many peeps there isn't sufficient room for a rogues gallery

Comment

If you took just the number of people who have posted on here about being ''caught'' in Marks (which is a teeny tiny % of 'shoplifters' across the country) well.... then they better have a bloody massive staffroom .... seriously nothing will happen other than a pointless binnable letter from DWF .... and your bank acount will be better off for not going in M&S.

Love it when we cross posts and say the same thing.... must be right then
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Here I am posting again apologies, Dear DES8 read in an earlier post you reported that Marks send alll cctv pics to all of their stores. So worry again, so far I’ve managed to lose 6lb since the incident on Sunday x

Comment

What are you worried is going to happen? How many people do you think would actually see that CCTV footage ? ( most likely only the person who first apprehended you at the time )

You've got a ban from Marks, it depends how much you like going to Marks whether you want to argue your case ( don't really see why you should beg to be allowed back to spend your money in their stores when they treated you so dismally )... I'd just steer clear and spend my money in shops that actually treat customers with respect.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think the fact I am a registered nurse my son in law is a police officer. My mind is so confused to be honest Amethyst. I wish I’d never gone out Sunday to be honest. After years of marriage and being told for the last two years it’s all in my head, Saturday night my fears were founded and turned out to be much worse than I could ever have thought. I went to town as normal pretending everything was ok, whilst I was dying inside wondering what to do.
                      On reflection I must have looked bizarre walking around the shop not knowing what I was really doing x

Comment

It’s actually the thought of my face being posted to the database and marks stores x

Comment

Originally posted by Vera1 View Post
                          I think the fact I am a registered nurse my son in law is a police officer. My mind is so confused to be honest Amethyst. I wish I’d never gone out Sunday to be honest. After years of marriage and being told for the last two years it’s all in my head, Saturday night my fears were founded and turned out to be much worse than I could ever have thought. I went to town as normal pretending everything was ok, whilst I was dying inside wondering what to do.
                          On reflection I must have looked bizarre walking around the shop not knowing what I was really doing x
                          Oh gosh, that sounds like it's really knocked you for six, can you talk to your Daughter about things at all? It sounds like you could do with some support xxx And tbh your son-in-law may actually be able to reassure you what happens with these accidental 'shoplifting' type cases but otherwise really put this M&S incident behind you, they won't have given you a second thought since you left the store, you'll possibly get an invoice in a few weeks which you can ignore, but there is really nothing else to worry about - you're not a mastercriminal wanted throughout the country, no one is on the look out for you xxx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I agree with Amethyst that it might be a good to discuss this with members of your family to get their support.
                            You intimate that you might be suffering mental health issues already, so perhaps a visit to your doctor, but as a nurse you are possibly aware of the most appropriate steps.

This really is a very minor incident, and it should not be impinging on your daily life to this extent.
                            You made a small mistake, over which M&S have over reacted (as they always do!)
                            Please seek support

Comment

No sorry Des8, I misled you, there. I meant when I questioned my husband about his different attitude towards me he said it was all in my head. My gut feeling turned out to be correct x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X