• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ without my knowledge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ without my knowledge

Hi, I live in Scotland and in June I found out that Harringtons Advisory Service took out a CCJ against me in April. They raised this in Manchester. English and Scottish Law are completely different. I never received any proof of service of this whatsoever either via post or Sheriff Officers at my home address. It was for a PPI claim which I fought and won myself but in the first instance Harringtons did write to my PPI company but I have a letter from Harringtons confirming there was no PPI on this certain account and they were closing the case.I really want this CCJ off my credit file but I don't understand why I have to pay a fee of £255 to complete a form and lodge it at Money Claims Centre in Manchester. I seriously haven't a clue what to put on the form and it be marked with "don't know" or not applicable".
    Tags: None

https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/

There's some info there with how to fill in the forms.

Have you moved house since you first signed up with Harringtons ? ( ie how come you didn't get served with the claim originally ?)
    You live in Scotland? and did at the time you signed up initially with Harringtons ?
    Have you asked the court for a copy of the original claim / what address it was issued to etc?

Harringtons have gone under, not sure on the full situation with their administration though, but I don't think they'll be in much position to challenge your application.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They've had their authorisation cancelled...
      https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...y=-1&status=-1
      but looks like they are back active at Companies House
      https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X