• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Automerged DoublePosting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Automerged DoublePosting

I feel I must agree with Nibbler--I can't actually see a problem

If I miss something out-I EDIT & start usually start the changed info with EDIT in the message for clarity

Where its being getting to me is when I come back to a thread where there is a lot of interaction between a few of us & quickly reply to (say)

1-Bill on tratment of Settlement Apportionment
    2-Marshy on a request on editing her docs
    3-PF on his letters

3 completely unrelated issues within the thread yet they appear in the same post if I'm not careful

Don't forget

Turbomen work at the Speed of Light-lol

1 min would be better

or BETTER STILL--can some of who work like above apply (buy or scrounge) the little marker in the "innards" which effectively gives us Team Priviledges for this particular issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
      Doesn't appear to do that very well, and is certainly not worth the annoyance.

Sorry. You are not going to convince me.

Thanks anyway.
      Originally posted by Turboman View Post

Exactly, You can't see a problem because with it enabled there is no problem
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

and yes we'll try work out how to switch it on for VIPs (or off)
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanks Tools--understand its two hard
          Did Ame says its 2 mins now?

PS--I only used Quote in your message tet got all this stuff below--why's that?

Originally posted by Tools View Post
          and yes we'll try work out how to switch it on for VIPs (or off)

If I miss something out-I EDIT & start usually start the changed info with EDIT in the message for clarity

Where its being getting to me is when I come back to a thread where there is a lot of interaction between a few of us & quickly reply to (say)

1-Bill on tratment of Settlement Apportionment
          2-Marshy on a request on editing her docs
          3-PF on his letters

3 completely unrelated issues within the thread yet they appear in the same post if I'm not careful

Don't forget Turbomen

work at the Speed of Light-lol

1 min would be better

or BETTER STILL--can some of who work like above apply (buy or scrounge) for the little marker in the "innards" which effectively gives us Team Priviledges for this particular

Comment

think you worked out how to multiquote (I've never managed it yet) so well done

And yes its two mins.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              think you worked out how to multiquote (I've never managed it yet) so well done

And yes its two mins.
              Ha Ha!!

Comment

Automerge is back at 5 mins and is staying that way.

The problems it prevented are occuring with it being set at 2 mins (ie people writing a post then adding something they forgot to the bottom but creating a new post instead!) so its staying at 5 mins.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                  Exactly, You can't see a problem because with it enabled there is no problem
                  I've not seen any other vBulletin board that I've admined/moded need such a feature.

it's just an annoyance applied for the sake of it, and serves no useful purpose.

Comment

It works for us Nibbler, has done since it was introduced, and since June 08 theres been no issue with it being set at 20 mins at all. So unfortunately I have made all the concessions to those who don't like it that I can and it will remain in place set at 5 mins.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

It works for us Nibbler, has done since it was introduced, and since June 08 theres been no issue with it being set at 20 mins at all. So unfortunately I have made all the concessions to those who don't like it that I can and it will remain in place set at 5 mins.
                      That is fair enough.

Please don't take it the wrong way. I love the site and should really contribute more. Just not got the time sometimes.

I just hate this feature and feel it is an unnecessary nuisance without any redeeming factors, but there you go...........

As I said previously; reducing the time limit is a good compromise and I thank you for that.

Comment

Posts 90 - 93 of this thread Banks challenge new PPI rules - Page 4 - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

I find that incredibly annoying and wouldnt happen with it set to 20 mins. Without the 5 mins automerge it would have been 4 short posts in a row.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Posts 90 - 93 of this thread Banks challenge new PPI rules - Page 4 - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

I find that incredibly annoying and wouldnt happen with it set to 20 mins. Without the 5 mins automerge it would have been 4 short posts in a row.
                          I don't.

If people want to make separate posts then that is up to them.

Enforcing a merge is impolite and insulting.

Sorry.

Comment

Okay we'll have to agree to disagree on it. Like I said its worked fine for us for over two years without a problem.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay we'll have to agree to disagree on it. Like I said its worked fine for us for over two years without a problem.
                              Perfect.

Sorry to disagree, but I just do. If I don't agree with something then I'm not one to fib about it to keep the peace.

I disagreed with CAG about Lowells posting, and that got me banned.

This is a much more enlightened and fair site. I am grateful for that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X