• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Luggerbugs has left the building

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Luggerbugs has left the building

Well, hopefully luggerbugs will get more support for his great work over here.

Comment

A move well made LB's

Comment

Originally posted by Jelly View Post
        Well, hopefully luggerbugs will get more support for his great work over here.
        He has always had our support here and will continue to have our support

Its just a shame that other sites dont embrace the same ethos of sharing information

PKea

Comment

I haven't posted much here as yet, so I'm still working my way round (and trying to work out who I might know from other forums)

Comment

Sure there'll be a few...
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I agree 100%

For all new members currently experiencing problems OTR.....LB was set up a year ago by a group of CAG staff and loyal members who had also grown very tired of over zealous and erratic moderation.

I feel badly for the group who are now going through exactly the same problems. You are most welcome here, we have a relaxed moderation policy and we believe in sharing useful info for the benefit of all.

CAG is run by a very small clique of Mods & admin, who will never change, will always play favouritism games and who treat those who ask questions as idiots. I've long since given up on hoping for change.......and the current problems being experienced by staff and loyal users are depressingly familiar. Such a shame and such a waste.

So lets get on with what matters most!
              Last edited by Celestine; 23rd April 2008, 11:44:AM.
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Yeah - sorting out the banks, DCA's and other institutions who feel the law does not apply to them.

I'm up for that!

Comment

Hey Lugger I just had a thought, have they contacted you at all to find out why you have left, or didn't you make an announcement otr.
                  I've just popped my head over and it looks like a mass exodus is happenning anyway, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Rats and Sinking Ships come to mind.

************ Rats and Sinking Ships come to mind. In no way am I inferring that any ex caggers are Rats by the way ! Just before you all start jumping on me !!!!!!! *****************

Comment

pmsl nice edit
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yup, I DID tell folks goodbye Saffy, but I doubt their pride would let them even PM me to discuss things sensibly. They know exactly why I left, so they can't claim ignorance.
                      My Blog
                      http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Yes, interesting discussion on hypocrisy, I thought.

Comment

The problem you have is that when a site professes the almost moralistic no commercial links allowed you get the issue that affiliate sites to CAG, ie revenue generating links are on consumerhealthforums, and the cbbc, or whatever it is called site, leaves yourself open to attack. Sorry, but CAG took this high ground prior to the reduction in revenue as a result of the OFT test case and are swimming in the so called mudpit for enforcing it. They did, however good their intentions, reap what they have sown. I do not see anyone on MSE complaining about over handedness MOD behaviour or PC or CCS , or some of the bigger forums on the internet. They have unfortunately got it wrong, because before in the early days people would have stuck up for them and now they simply cannot when it is clear that an agenda is in place when decisions are made.

Comment

Shall we concentrate on the test case for a bit now
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sure Amethyst, what is Judge Smith having for his tea this evening? Is Rabinowitz having scrambled eggs? Who is bricking it?
                              Is the bank bosses convening a witches' coven and casting more fiendish spells on the court system?

Comment

Well said Andrew1!

andrew1
                                Platinum Account Customer

Re: Seahorse v Cabot
                                If I can just say one thing. From the experience I have had Dave is a really nice fella and I'm sure there is nothing malicious involved in any of this. It goes without saying that running a forum that has grown to this kind of size is bound to bring no end of complications, and I include in that the problems revolving around the loss over that weekend of Cabot Sub Forum, it can't be easy and I'm sure anything Dave has done has been for the most honourable of reasons and I'd go so far as to say for the best interests of this forum. I don't know him or anyone else particularly, all I know is what has been done to get the site where it is today and that is no mean feat.

If I've got any gripes at all it's with some who get carried away with themselves sometimes, be it a Mod, a Site Helper or in fact anyone who thinks they know more than anyone else. We ALL have some qualities we can offer others, even those who think they don't know anything - that's what makes this forum so great. Nobody Judging you, just adding bits to get us all through. It miffs me when we lose people like Seahorse over something quite as stupid as his link (I know the arguments, don't worry,) but so many - and I've been on here 2 yrs now, so many really good people have gone, purely because someone has taken or tried to take the upper hand by being or trying to be smarter than someone else and not prepared to accept everyone has an opinion equally as valuable as another. I'd just like to see a little bit more acceptance by everyone in the upper echelons of the site that some people, like Seahorse make a massive contribution to the site and should be talked to and agreement sorted before it all turns into some kind of naughty schoolboy, slap your wrist exercise which really p**ses people off big time.

We're all grown ups and nobody, absolutely nobody is superior, grander, cleverer or better than anyone else who subscribes - we work together and use the synergy to achieve the results we do.

I'm a business person and the results achieved on here would impress any business runner.

Lets keep our heads and have a little respect for each other..it's the banks and dca's and finance companies that need screwing - not our own family.

Sarah

Non-Limited Companies & Business Accounts, Sole Traders:
                                http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tml#post628057

Legal Actions Explained for Businesses:
                                http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....d-company.html
                                A click on the scales below is appreciated if my posts were helpful
                                Do not regard postings or suggestions as professional advice. If in doubt seek a professionals opinion.
                                Sarah
                                PLEASE DONATE IF SUCCESSFUL - Every little helps
                                "A bank-an institution which lends you money on receipt of the information they demand which shows you don't need it."
                                Last edited by andrew1 : Yesterday at 21:54.

andrew1
                                View Public Profile
                                Send a private message to andrew1
                                Find More Posts by andrew1
                                Add andrew1 to Your Buddy List

What do you think of andrew1's post? I approve

Your comments on this post:

Yesterday, 22:13 #1082 (permalink) trumpetmaest
                                Basic Account Customer

here here... Don't let the MiB win

trumpetmaest
                                View Public Profile
                                Send a private message to trumpetmaest
                                Find More Posts by trumpetmaest
                                Add trumpetmaest to Your Buddy List

Yesterday, 23:39 #1083 (permalink) joesoap
                                Classic Account Customer

Cracking post Sarah.

joesoap
                                View Public Profile
                                Send a private message to joesoap
                                Find More Posts by joesoap
                                Add joesoap to Your Buddy List

Today, 10:56 #1084 (permalink) tiglet

Well said Sarah xxx

tiglet
                                View Public Profile
                                Send a private message to tiglet
                                Find More Posts by tiglet
                                Add tiglet to Your Buddy List

Today, 11:55 #1085 (permalink) elizabeth1

Sarah!! well what can we say to that other than well said !!

I'd give you rep point for that BUT I have to spread my love around a little first - so I guess I will have to rep point you laters

elizabeth1
                                View Public Profile
                                Send a private message to elizabeth1
                                Find More Posts by elizabeth1
                                Add elizabeth1 to Your Buddy List

Today, 12:17 #1086 (permalink) ScarletPimpernel

Yes, well said Sarah.

Speaking as one who was censured by a mod for quoting Admiral Nelson (xenophobic, apparently!), I quite agree that there are occasions when I feel the moderation is a little nannyish.

I'm a mod on another site, incidentally, and do not underestimate the difficulties of the job.

However, as Sarah says, a number of excellent contributors have been lost to CAG over what have sometimes appeared to be rather petty issues. CAG really does make a huge difference to lots of people - and it's the better for people like Seahorse - surely it's worth compromise sometimes?

ScarletPimpernel
                                View Public Profile
                                Send a private message to ScarletPimpernel
                                Find More Posts by ScarletPimpernel
                                Add ScarletPimpernel to Your Buddy List

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X