• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

% of CCJ cases that are won compared to lost ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• % of CCJ cases that are won compared to lost ?

I am just looking around the other areas of the forum and see we have a concluded cases and there are just 22 threads of wins

yet in the Received a Court Claim thread there are over a 1000 different threads

How often the case is it the little man on the street win compared to these DCA sum issuing the CCJ papers ?

Is it really worthwhile me contesting everything.

With my own case, i know i got the money from MBNA over 10 years ago and through no fault of my own i could no longer afford to pay.

I really don't want all this stuff i thought was behind me coming back up again.

Is it really worth the pain of serving defense,, requesting paper work CCA CPR 31.14 going to court and judge not taking lightly me not taking responsibility for my actions.

I know every case is different but how many CCJ papers get stayed against how many loose ?

Sorry for the negativity in my post here, any help or comments would be great
    Tags: None

Re: % of CCJ cases that are won compared to lost ?

'' I am just looking around the other areas of the forum and see we have a concluded cases and there are just 22 threads of wins ''

That'll be my fault not moving threads to the right places.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

And yes it is always worth defending and ensuring they have the correct documents to take you to court - I don't actually remember the last time we had a case result in an actual CCJ - mostly they are discontinued, struck out, stayed or withdrawn and sometimes they are negotiated a settlement under a tomlin order without having a CCJ.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Many thanks for the reassurance Amethyst.

My initial post was not trying to be defeatest or negative. Im just about to submit my own defence
        But my brain is fried a little with all the info

The initial post above really came about from reading some doo-gooders and honourables posting on payplan forum. Basically saying, "well if you owe it, you should you should pay it". A judges ruling Litigants in Person as guilty for the tinyest error in their paperwork/case or defence. Also read advice on payplan people should still pay for debts over 6years statue barred which i know to be untrue

Comment

The question of paying statute barred debts was the subject of a " debt collection" campaign some years ago along the lines of
          if I remember.

"xxxxxx knows YOUR DEBT is statute barred but you know that morally you should pay your debt and get peace of mind that you have met your obligations".

I believe it was the same crew that wrote to " their customers" in February one year saying " That now your council tax and water bills are finished until April why not use your spare cash to pay your xxxxxxxx account".

Morality from the debt " industry"???????

Comment

Originally posted by pauulss View Post
            Many thanks for the reassurance Amethyst.

My initial post was not trying to be defeatest or negative. Im just about to submit my own defence
            But my brain is fried a little with all the info

The initial post above really came about from reading some doo-gooders and honourables posting on payplan forum. Basically saying, "well if you owe it, you should you should pay it". A judges ruling Litigants in Person as guilty for the tinyest error in their paperwork/case or defence. Also read advice on payplan people should still pay for debts over 6years statue barred which i know to be untrue
            Well, the lesson there is ' don't go on the payplan forum' xxx

Do you want me to look over your defence?
            Last edited by Amethyst; 8th January 2015, 19:29:PM. Reason: removed end bit xx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have been reading up so much this past fortnight it is kind of information overload. I realise PayPlan (sponsored & funded in part by financial industry) but these are seen as the go to people if your in trouble. Like putting Dracula in charge of a blood bank or fox guarding the hen house.

Back on task, your offer to review my case thus far if greatly appreciated Amethyst. It can be viewed on this link

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-12-2014/page2

Nemesis has been most helpful as well as yourself thus far, holding my hand during these baby steps
              Last edited by pauulss; 8th January 2015, 18:57:PM.

Comment

Reading this with a bit if interest, especially as I am the Admin on the PayPlan forum (used to be Debt Questions, but we have moved onto the Payplan hosted server now)

The reason why I am interested is that until Payplan hosted the forum, they never had a forum, so can only infer that you both mean DebtQuestions. Secondly we have NEVER told, or inferred that a statute barred debt should be paid. In fact on the forum there is a LOT of cases where we have supported people to fight statute barred debts, and continue to do so.

So could @pauulss be kind of enough to point me to this alleged post.

And @Amethyst as it appears we are held in such good esteem with this sites owners, maybe we wont refer people to you for assistance in future, and maybe we will publicly tell people not to go to this site in future

Tim

Comment

Talbot, I am absolutely fine with the Debt Questions forum, as you know, I'm telling Paul to stay away from the payplan forum ( which I didn't know was the same thing tbh) if he is getting responses as he has been doing which are knocking his confidence.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by pauulss View Post

Back on task, your offer to review my case thus far if greatly appreciated Amethyst. It can be viewed on this link

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-12-2014/page2

Nemesis has been most helpful as well as yourself thus far, holding my hand during these baby steps
                    I've just posted a bit of a gee up on your thread - Nemesis has you on track fine - bit of work to do on your defence but we have time, just sounds like you are having a wee collywobble xx
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Actually Talbot - what's the deal with Debt Questions and Payplan then ? I seem to recall you were under the Totemic banner before - obviously I knew that was something to do with PayPlan - but have you become the 'official payplan' forum now ? and how is that affecting what you can advise/help with ?

btw: I'd have said the same to Paul had he said he'd had that response on ANY forum, and quite often do say it to peeps about MSE ( but still send peeps there for other things )
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 8th January 2015, 17:03:PM.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

i have checked my browsing history and this is the particular was the thread that jumped out and concerned me when reading it, that lead me to post this thread here. (The honoring your debts over 6+ year statue barring advice was read in a different post over the weekend )

https://www.payplan.com/debt_questio...4677a2c0290b8f

Opinions on this thread above

Comment

That's from 2011 so quite an old one, though things haven't changed massively since then there's been a few clarity giving cases, and obv we now have a bit more experiences dealing with the current wave of claimants and know how they behave, if you read older threads on here you'd probably see similar discussions so I wouldn't put too much store in that.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I am in court tomorrow morning and could NEVER have got the courage and strength to challenge my case if it had not been for all the help and support from the kind people on this site - who I appreciate are volunteers and take time out of their own busy lives to help others. I have tried to call and speak to various organisations by searching on the internet, including the likes of a law center. They were either clueless or said that they were so busy that the first available appointment to see someone would be at the beginning of February.

Legal beagles have not only helped me practically over the last six years but also saved my sanity on many occasions.

Comment

Thanks Ruby - what wonderful kind words you speak. I wish you all the best of british luck tomorrow and your case. Good luck

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X