• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Site Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Site Problem

Nattie asked me to comment on why CAG is down...

As far as I know, it certainly isn't due to a DoS attack. We are upgrading the debt forum, and there have been a few minor technical hitches. Webby is working on the problems.

Comment

Thank you Tomterm8 for clarifying that. You will be amazed at the UFO's and alien abductions that have happened to me in the last few hours!

Comment

For info:

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/DoS_attack.html

http://www.news.com/2100-1017-236728.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Comment

Thanks Tanz - this seems to be a minor example of what they could do. I'm not panicing just getting ready incase the precautions we have taken aren't enough to stop it escalating.

We'll know by tomorrow lunchtime anyway.

Last weeks attack there were well over 2 million hits, so far todays only 300,000.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Nattie View Post
            Dos is spanish for 2 in case anyone was interested.
            Uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, diez.
            In case anyone wanted to know that piece of useless information.
            Nattie,
            Your counting to ten in Spanish is good, so does DDOS mean a Spanish person will have a speach impediment when counting to ten?

Oporto.

Comment

pmsl Oporto

This evenings OTHER site problem was cause by a table in the database crashing. This was the table that controlled the guest functions throughout the site.

Each time a user went to the main forum home page it created a database error. We turned the site off to prevent any further errors occuring whilst this was sorted out.

We have repaired the offending table and put the site back online.

The DOS attack is still underway but it is no where near the ferocity it was last weekend.

We will endeavour to keep you updated.
              Last edited by Celestine; 10th February 2008, 09:16:AM. Reason: typo
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well they say these things come in 3's, so let's hope that's all 3 now!! I've got my fingers crossed & everything else that can be lol.

Comment

'CAG FORUM PROBLEM
                  There has been a serious problem with the CAG forum which will take at least several days to rectify. This may mean that access to threads and posts is restricted for the time being. Please bear with us as the forum is gradually restored.
                  Thanks'

As of today, 14:50.

Crash
                  Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas
                  DAY 114: 03/01 Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70
                  59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80
                  179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs
                  254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Comment

It is a sorting out thing crash, not like our problem.
                    They are sorting out their debt forum etc from what I can gather

Comment

Possibly more enaid...was chatting to Lex and he said some newbies were showing posts in the thousands.
                      Crash

Comment

oh eck and city beating united what a good day lol

Comment

:jaw: PMSL!
                          Crash

Comment

Crash, I think tomterm has explained it but I will ask him to do so with what is happening now. It is clear on their site that there are issues being worked on and that it will take a few more days to sort out. I think amethyst and tools have done a great job to keep the site online after the second DDOS attack.

Comment

Okies, sorry, may have got my wires crossed somewhere then.

And yes, three cheers to Ame and JT for a cracking job on the site.
                              Crash

Comment

Originally posted by Nattie View Post
                                Crash, I think tomterm has explained it but I will ask him to do so with what is happening now. It is clear on their site that there are issues being worked on and that it will take a few more days to sort out. I think amethyst and tools have done a great job to keep the site online after the second DDOS attack.
                                Essentially, when the debt forums were upgraded, a large number of threads were moved to the wrong place (around 15,000) by mistake. These threads are being moved back. Like a lot of things in computing, it's an easy mistake to make and takes a while to rectify. Hopefully not too long, however...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X