• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DDOS attack on LB - sorted :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDOS attack on LB - sorted :)

DDOS ATTACK ON LEGAL BEAGLES

Unfortunately the Legal Beagles website and forum is currently under attack by persons unknown with a Denial of Service (DoS) attack.

The attack began sometime between 00.01am 03 Feb 2007 and we started trying to combat it at approx 10am.

Basically this means our server is being flooded with tens of thousands of page hits per minute and our server hosting is unable to take the load.

Many of you will be aware MoneySavingExpert website recently suffered from a similar attack.

We are working on solving this problem urgently and ask that all our visitors and members bear with us.

We will keep you updated.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd February 2008, 19:07:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: DDOS attack on Legal Beagles

Smilies have been removed apart from generic ones as the attack was generating hits on the smilies pages - Chatbox will not work for a couple days, and the forum will only be available on Legal Beagles - Consumer Rights Forum for a couple days too.
    Some links won't work and images will be a bit hit or miss. Please try and refrain from posting pictures or youtube links at all for the time being.

Tools and I have been working extremely hard on getting this sorted out asap. We anticipate things being back Tuesday all being well.

The attack is most likely completely random and there is no way of tracing its origination.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Just to add to that if I can,

Pages will not display tidily and the site may be difficult to navigate.

If you have any questions please email or pm Amethyst or Tools , but please be aware that it may take some time to reply and we will prioritise requests.

For users who are used to the chatbox this will be down as Amethyst says for a minimum of two days . In the meantime feel free to use the chatroom which can be accessed by clicking this link
      FlashChat v4.7.12

Thank you for your patience while we try and get things back to normal.

Jules
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hope you manage to sort it out.

Comment

Why a DDOS attack on this site? Who has such a grudge against us.

Comment

interesting question nik

Comment

Seeing that MSE had one a short while ago, is PC next?

Comment

FlashChat v4.7.12
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

thanks just been accross Hope all your hard work is soon finished, someone wants to shut us up!!

Comment

The main site is now back up - site 2 will remain operational - we are monitoring the problems closely. There will continue to be issues with images, layout and chatbox but these will return to normal as soon as possible.

Thankyou for your continued support.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

big thanks to all who are working to keep the site running
                      hope everything get's back to normal soon xxx

Comment

Missed this place yesterday!!
                        Glad it's back,
                        Love Sally xxx
                        P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
                        life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
                        Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Hi all,

Glad you are back.:okay:
                          Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

www.legalbeagles2.info

If we vanish again you should be able to find us there - you have to type it into your browser rather than click the link. Don't ask me why, I don't know. clicking it goes to a 404 page.

the site will not be available on LB2 until LB1 is offline - we envisage this to be mid afternoon.
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 4th February 2008, 10:58:AM.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Crikey hecky thumpeth, had a right panic yesterday when site was down. Thought the banks had managed to get you taken off for some weird strange reason. Phew, glad youre back. Sooooooooooooooooo glad. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              Natwest Round 1 - Won £16,080 after 6 month battle :roll:
                              Abbey Round 1 - Won £5,580 after 5 month battle :okay:
                              Capital 1 Credit Card - Won £1230 in 2 months
                              Capital 1 Cred Card for Hubby - Won £1560 in 2 months :kiss:
                              Abbey MBNA Credit Card - Won £2210 in 3 months
                              Halifax Credit Card - Won £1680 in 2 months

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
                              Natwest round 2
                              Abbey Round 2
                              Yorkshire Bank round 1
                              A further £6000 to come back from above 3 when I win.:roll:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X