• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Elderbridge ex Firstplus interest rate hike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removed to be on the safe side
    Last edited by EwanHusarmee; 6th March 2019, 14:19:PM. Reason: Excessive openness

Comment

So does this equate to 6% less than the rate you were on?

Comment

removed
        Last edited by EwanHusarmee; 6th March 2019, 14:20:PM.

Comment

I’ve based my spreadsheet on tracking FHBR, that’s approx 5% lower than the rate they have charged over the period

Comment

removed

Comment

Elderbridge will have to tow the line, otherwise it will cost them more in legal costs to dispute.

Are FP paying you money? Ie you will then have to pay Elderbridge to reduce the debt?

Comment

removed

Comment

I can’t believe FP have not asked for a Tomlin order on this to prevent it being public knowledge.
                  i also can’t believe they have made an offer, is the tide turning in our favour? Did you have any special circumstances on your case or was it just unfair relationships?
                  you must be ecstatic at the result.

Comment

removed
                    Last edited by EwanHusarmee; 6th March 2019, 14:21:PM.

Comment

There is a mention of confidential in the letter and it seems likely that the first plus acceptance form may include a confidentiality agreement - I think maybe keep the details to yourself until you've got the form and can assess the situation fully. As its not a FOS adjudication, but a 'goodwill' offer, the FOS won't publish it.... I'll unapprove posts for the moment until you get further along - just to be safe. I think the FOS letter and saying that you do have an offer is fine though.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Will be interested to hear how many more people are getting FOS responses

Comment

It sounds like others have started receiving similar letters.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi there,
                            I have also just discovered this information and after doing a little digging have found out that the FOS are now making payments to those affected.
                            I have now logged my complaint with Elderbridge , and they have 64 days to close this complaint. They will undoubtedly not be able to satisfy me so I will then have the right to go straight to the FOS as I will have followed the complaint procedure.

my advise would be to do the same! The more pressure applied the quicker the result will be.

Comment

Just joined as I finally see that we all may be getting some where with FirstPlus/Elderbridge!!!
                              Took out a 95k loan in 2006 due to Carol Voderman being so good at math and advertising FirstPlus thought it must be a good idea to consolidate my debts...FP forced me to pay off all credit card debt first before they would advance the money!
                              At this time I was paying credit cards with 0% interest rates and moving them around for the best deals at the time so poor advice from FirstPlus to shift £40k+ from 0% credit cards to what was them 8.4% variable (APR), but they said this is what is required so I was over a barrel.
                              Its been a nightmare for many years as I took it out as it stated in the contract the interest would follow the base rate, but low and behold!!!
                              I have challenged FP and Elder so many times and even paid solicitors for advice in 2012 and 2018, but got no where.
                              Elderbridge have previously informed me that as it is an [unregulated] loan they don't have to send me any details of accruing interest, statements or any thing else.
                              Very little sent to me over the many years and when I do get a response the money, interest etc. just doesn't add up?
                              Luckily I have recorded all communication with them during these complaints.
                              The market crash crippled my finances and I was taken to court in a heart beat and for 7-8 years worked my stones off to pay my debts (unsuccessfully), flushing £150-200k down the toilet as trapped in bad debt/credit! Spent all my time working and worrying with impossible odds and no financial institution was interested...'best banking practices' was their response!
                              Repossession orders on both houses, bankruptcy, insolvency, CCJ's the full works for 7-8 years
                              There seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel

So how do I do it?
                              Last edited by Bluefoot; 4th April 2019, 14:34:PM. Reason: Typo error - unsecured changed to [unregulated]

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

http://www.elderbridge.co.uk/pages/complaints.html

They manage the accounts on behalf of Barclays
                                Can you tell me what a SAR is?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X