• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please can anyone help me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Do you have that letter from co-op you could redact and post ( or email admin@legalbeagles.info ) pls.
    Yes I do and I will email Monday morning. Thank you again for your help.

Comment

So, what exactly did the judge rule? Did he rule that your MIL was liable for the shortfall in the money paid to coop?

Really, you're complaining to the wrong people. The Coop are entitled to the price agreed by MIL. The mistake seems to be DWP's. The fact that Coop have been tactless does not mean they weren't entitled to be paid.

i suppose the key question is whether MIL had any money or other assets when she died? For this purpose, normal household goods can usually be ignored, as they usually don't have any resale value.

Comment

Thank you again for the response I do think however I have babbled too much as it is such an emotive subject and has been going on for so long. The Judge ruled the debt dies with mil. The coop confirmed in writing the debt was written off. Then asking for it now going on for 4 years later! My mil never owed anyone all her life and received threatening calls and letters from Coop and Dwp while dying and being treated for terminal cancer. The dwp rang her to tell her she had to appear at tribunal the week before she died!. They are both at fault. The coop have threatened me and my husband in the street (we are not the only ones, the man is so bad they terminated his employment and now David Knowles said they have taken him back on as a driver).Its not that the Coop are tactless they are making real threats saying ex police and how they could make life difficult. They told my husband that when mil passed she would not be accepted there!!!! It has been absolutely horrific.

Comment

They certainly shouldnt be chasing you any further

I would like to confirm that the account for your late father-in-law’s funeral has been closed and all outstanding monies have been waived.
          Have they requested payment again since this letter ? If so a letter in response quoting this letter should get rid of them - the letter writer may not have actioned the resolution properly.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They certainly shouldnt be chasing you any further

Have they requested payment again since this letter ? If so a letter in response quoting this letter should get rid of them - the letter writer may not have actioned the resolution properly.
            Yes they have. In letter form, in the street and on the telephone call and to ITV when they called them to ask them to appear on Judge Rinder. They have persecuted my dying mil and my family. Is it possible to take them to small claims as I need to resolve this for my family and my sake.David Knowles called me from a local branch and threatened me that the man who ran my local coop funeralcare is an ex policeman. My husband advised me to put the phone down on him as he was just getting more and more nasty.

I would so appreciate any help you can give me in this matter

Comment

This has been going on for 4 years? When was the last incident, and what exactly was it?

Comment

Originally posted by 2222 View Post
                This has been going on for 4 years? When was the last incident, and what exactly was it?
                27.11.2018 on the telephone by David Knowles coop regional operations manager.

Comment

Are co-op still asking for payment or was the regional manager having a rant about the tv programme issue ?

What was the resolution being asked for through the faux court Judge Rinder programme ?

Not sure what you'd be taking them to court for at the moment. The debt was written off back in 2015 so I'm not sure why there is continuing contact at all ? Sorry if I'm being thick. Are you simply after a decent apology for how coop dealt with your MIL before her passing ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Are co-op still asking for payment or was the regional manager having a rant about the tv programme issue ?

What was the resolution being asked for through the faux court Judge Rinder programme ?

Not sure what you'd be taking them to court for at the moment. The debt was written off back in 2015 so I'm not sure why there is continuing contact at all ? Sorry if I'm being thick. Are you simply after a decent apology for how coop dealt with your MIL before her passing ?
                    Yes the Coop are and the man that was responsible has made our life hell. Speaking in the street about mil and trying to upset us. Pointing at me in the street saying its her!!! Threatening, its terrible. I am aware of other families too that have suffered due to his manner.
                    Judge Rinder advised he could not do anything about DWP but wanted to proceed with Coop. He contacted HO Media and they advised they would not appear on a tv programme. They advised me they cannot make them and the next stage would be to small claims.

The honest truth is that on my mil death bed she asked me to promise her 2 things. To try and keep the family together and to sort this out and get an apology. She said I know you can!. Neither will apologise and dont recognise what they have put us through, although on going through complaints process ice tribunals and mp all recognise they are in the wrong

Comment

Presumably you have made a formal complaint about this employees behaviour towards you to co-op head office ? Any response from that ?

Funeralcare Client Relations
                      3rd Floor
                      1 Angel Square
                      Manchester
                      M60 0AG

They did apologise in 2015 when they wrote off the debt - so I'm not sure how it continued from that point that the coop employee started contacting you again. After that 2015 letter was received what happened ?

Please accept my sincere and unreserved apologies for any upset and inconvenience caused by the circumstances surrounding your complaint.

After discussing your comments in relation to Xxxxx being aggressive in his manner and discussing matters with third parties I am assured by his manager that Xxxxx refutes these allegations and acted in a professional and sympathetic manner at all times.

I would like to confirm that the account for your late father-in-law’s funeral has been closed and all outstanding monies have been waived.

Once again Mrs xxxxxxx, please accept my sincere and unreserved apologies for any upset and inconvenience caused by the regrettable circumstances surrounding your complaint.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Presumably you have made a formal complaint about this employees behaviour towards you to co-op head office ? Any response from that ?

Funeralcare Client Relations
                        3rd Floor
                        1 Angel Square
                        Manchester
                        M60 0AG

They did apologise in 2015 when they wrote off the debt - so I'm not sure how it continued from that point that the coop employee started contacting you again. After that 2015 letter was received what happened ?

Yes there has been numerous letters. They all contradict each other. He stopped us in the street ( we have to walk past every day to take my son to school) telling us we had to give him our receipt urgently, he said his paperwork was in a mess and he urgently needed the receipt. He said if we made a complaint not to mention his name as it was nothing to do with him. He told my husbands friend he had just started working there last October ( when he has worked there for years! ) He answered the phone to ITV and advised he did not work there anymore, he had retired !!!!!.Bemused they rang Head office. All they do is refer back to Colin and they get nasty and threatening! They did not write off the debt the Judge said the debt died with mil and ever since her passing they keep asking for it. The latest was David Knowles. He talked about my mil funeral when it was my fil, the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing or indeed saying. I just know as a major UK company this treatment is absolutely terrible and to think we are not the only ones to suffer in this way due to that awful man.

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate lover View Post

Yes there has been numerous letters. They all contradict each other. He stopped us in the street ( we have to walk past every day to take my son to school) telling us we had to give him our receipt urgently, he said his paperwork was in a mess and he urgently needed the receipt. He said if we made a complaint not to mention his name as it was nothing to do with him. He told my husbands friend he had just started working there last October ( when he has worked there for years! ) He answered the phone to ITV and advised he did not work there anymore, he had retired !!!!!.Bemused they rang Head office. All they do is refer back to Colin and they get nasty and threatening! They did not write off the debt the Judge said the debt died with mil and ever since her passing they keep asking for it. The latest was David Knowles. He talked about my mil funeral when it was my fil, the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing or indeed saying. I just know as a major UK company this treatment is absolutely terrible and to think we are not the only ones to suffer in this way due to that awful man.

Did any of the family receive anything from MIL after she died?

Comment

Originally posted by 2222 View Post

Did any of the family receive anything from MIL after she died?
                            My husband was executor to the will. I dont accept that this is an apology when there have been numerous letters and threats since. As the Judge said Mary had receipt paid in full ( I now have) and to after nearly 4 months to receive threats, nasty phone calls, baliff letters tribunal letters.He said there is an old law promisey promisey. The coop told her when she dies she would not be accepted there.Colin from that branch has been absolutely appalling, threatening a dying bereaved 83 year old.My Mil and fil have been through a world war and fought for this country and worked hard all their lives and the DWP and Coop are absolutely disgussting to behave in this manner and this was created by an administration error as per Ann Abrahams from the dwp said, snowballs to an avalanche.I made a promise to sort this and I will do all I can to.

Comment

Can you help me ?

Comment

I think you should let it drop. Any action would need to be taken by your husband as executor. If there was money in the estate, he should have paid Coop's bill. If there wasn't he should have informed them, so they stopped chasing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X