• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please can anyone help me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please can anyone help me?

The DWP and COOP Funeralcare ave persecuted my terminally ill and bereaved motherinlaw to her death. I have been through both complaints process and have been found fully justified by tribunal judge, local mp and Ice. They refuse to even apologise and say case is closed! I have all relevant paperwork and a popular barrister tv programme took the case for the COOP but they would not appear. I have had threatening calls from the coop, please help me
    Tags: None

Peridot

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      Im sorry I cannot see a reply.Please can you help

Maxine

Comment

Hi there, What kind of issues does this involve? Were the DWP and Coop Funeral care hassling your Mother-in-Law over her husband's estate / funeral bills ?
        What exactly are co-op threatening ? Are you the executor of your MIL's estate ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Hi there, What kind of issues does this involve? Were the DWP and Coop Funeral care hassling your Mother-in-Law over her husbad's estate / funeral bills ?
          What exactly are co-op threatening ? Are you the executor of your MIL's estate ?
          Hi The DWP paid a payment towards my fatherinlaws funeral. and 3 months later revoked it ( it was the incorrect amount, their administration error they have only just admitted). 3 months later knowing my motherinlaw was terminally ill she received threatening calls from dwp and the coop. My husband was executor to his mums will. and she was to his dads. We have been threatened over the phone and in the street from the coop funeralcare.

Comment

In the street ? Is this by staff from the local co-op funeral care 'shop' ?

The DWP paid a funeral expenses payment to your Mother in Law to help with her husband's funeral, but they had miscalculated what she was eligible to receive, and then tried to reclaim an overpayment. They have now admitted it was their mistake and you have been through the complaints process - where do things stand with the DWP now ? Are they still trying to recoup some of the overpayment from your Mother-in-law's estate ?

Does the Co-Op issue come directly from the DWP issue ? ie. did the DWP recall payment made direct to Co-Op ? Had they paid the full invoice previously and when it was recalled left a debt with Co-Op ? What's the current status with Co-op ?

Really as you have been through the complaints process / tribunal etc we'd need to know the exact status of the outcomes of that process with both DWP and the Co-op to know what, if anything you can do.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

In the street ? Is this by staff from the local co-op funeral care 'shop' ?

The DWP paid a funeral expenses payment to your Mother in Law to help with her husband's funeral, but they had miscalculated what she was eligible to receive, and then tried to reclaim an overpayment. They have now admitted it was their mistake and you have been through the complaints process - where do things stand with the DWP now ? Are they still trying to recoup some of the overpayment from your Mother-in-law's estate ?

Does the Co-Op issue come directly from the DWP issue ? ie. did the DWP recall payment made direct to Co-Op ? Had they paid the full invoice previously and when it was recalled left a debt with Co-Op ? What's the current status with Co-op ?

Really as you have been through the complaints process / tribunal etc we'd need to know the exact status of the outcomes of that process with both DWP and the Co-op to know what, if anything you can do.
              The DWP calculated their payment incorrectly and tried to blame my motherinlaw saying she hadnt provided proof of my father in laws life policy, however I had sent it proof of posting and so they dropped that avenue. I have been advised that their software isnt up to coping with new requirements but as they have spent so much money on universal credit they just have to botch it at the cost of the public ( as their staff said and rbnd "Im not putting my name to this" "I havent a clue whats gone on here!", that is there staff and so how is an 83 year old recently bereaved and undergoing cancer treatment for terminal bowel cancer.

Mary payed the final bill and then 3 months later got a call from Robertshaws ( coop funeralcare). The man involved was Colin and they have "moved him!" when ITV contacted head office to inform them Judge Rinder was going to take the case.He has threatened my husband and other clients on several occaisons however Coop Media advised me that David Knowles from Heckmondwike would call me to sort this out. He called me Mary! says it all! said my motherinlaws funeral was in heckmondwike!!!!

He had no idea and advised me that Colin had left but had been taken on again as a driver and I should think twice before going to a silly tv programme to an unqualified Judge and be aware that Colin is an ex policeman ! I was frightened and upset and my husband advised me to terminate the call as he was just getting more and more nasty.

My motherinlaw said please sort this out for me, I have to leave it with you. I promised.My husband has been through so much losing his parents within 12 months of each other and even though they are both at fault neither will apologise,even though we have adhered to their complaints procedure that they have both not as they have both faltered at certain stages unaware of their own procedures.

I am left with a husband with depression and a son who lost both his grandparents at the age of 7. I have kept my family running and now need to fulfill my promise.

Mary Creagh asked the DWP to refer the case to the head of funeral payments after a heartfelt letter and some research using Ann Abrahams words " how an administration error is allowed to snowball because no one will stop it and apologise and correct.Our case keeps getting passed to "senior caseworkers" which say the same thing my husband had a telephone apology ( he didnt) and they had worded they were in the wrong in the mandatory reconsideration.

The coop say the case is closed they never received a hand delivered letter advising that Mary Creagh would advise us on the next stage of action after we had completed DWP Process.

Please note the DWP did not turn up at any of the tribunals. They didnt provide any paperwork and when the judge requested it they sent paperwork not applicable to the case and undentifiable as Mary and Franks.

I have tried to give you a brief outline, I am so very grateful for any help you can give us.

Comment

Hello, can you help me? ITV suggested going through small claims. Is that an option?

Comment

Is there still any debt being chased by co-op or the DWP ? or have both those issues now been resolved and you're just waiting for a written apology now ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

First of all, I'm very sorry to hear of your family's loss.

I think you were wise not to appear on the Judge Rinder show. It's a TV show, and no more resembles a court of law than a pantomime horse resembles a real one. The show just ridicules the participants, and in your fragile state it would not have been good for you.

You really need to establish whether your MIL had a legal obligation to pay the Coop. I strongly suspect she did, but would need to see the contract to be sure. The contract may have said, in effect, that if DWP clawed money back, your MIL had to pay the balance of the bill.

The fact that "David Knowles from Heckmondwike" was tactless would not affect that - although they might reduce the bill a bit on that account. Likewise, your MIL's illness would not affect her obligation to pay.

I know you promised MIL to sort this out, but you should bear in mind that it is possible she owed money for the funeral, and paying what she owed may be the best way to sort it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2222 View Post
                      First of all, I'm very sorry to hear of your family's loss.

I think you were wise not to appear on the Judge Rinder show. It's a TV show, and no more resembles a court of law than a pantomime horse resembles a real one. The show just ridicules the participants, and in your fragile state it would not have been good for you.

You really need to establish whether your MIL had a legal obligation to pay the Coop. I strongly suspect she did, but would need to see the contract to be sure. The contract may have said, in effect, that if DWP clawed money back, your MIL had to pay the balance of the bill.

The fact that "David Knowles from Heckmondwike" was tactless would not affect that - although they might reduce the bill a bit on that account. Likewise, your MIL's illness would not affect her obligation to pay.

I know you promised MIL to sort this out, but you should bear in mind that it is possible she owed money for the funeral, and paying what she owed may be the best way to sort it.
                      Thank you very much for your response. On the 3rd of december the funeral payment was paid in full, we have receipts, confirming DWPs funeral payment. On the 28th March the following year is when Coop, informed and started harassing my Motherin law. The DWP computer system hasnt grown apparently with their terms and conditions and when they input my fil life policy it did not take it into account. The Judge at the tribunal said its "Promisey,Promisey". The DWP are yet to advise us they have reclaimed the money.
                      The Judge advised the debt died with my Mother-In-Law.

Although all of this is confirmed in paperwork and ICE have confirmed fully justified and tribunal Judge, neither will apologise and I continue to be threatened by the Coop.

Comment

Is there still any debt being chased by co-op or the DWP ? or have both those issues now been resolved and you're just waiting for a written apology now ?
                        Thank you for your response. The Judge at the tribunal said promisey promisey and advised the debt had died with my mil,however this doesnt stop the Coop, threatening us and trying to get the money back, However they have said they have waived it(in writing,again) but they appear to have not a clue to what they are doing or have done.

Comment

Do you have that letter from co-op you could redact and post ( or email admin@legalbeagles.info ) pls.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate lover View Post

Thank you very much for your response. On the 3rd of december the funeral payment was paid in full, we have receipts, confirming DWPs funeral payment. On the 28th March the following year is when Coop, informed and started harassing my Motherin law. The DWP computer system hasnt grown apparently with their terms and conditions and when they input my fil life policy it did not take it into account. The Judge at the tribunal said its "Promisey,Promisey". The DWP are yet to advise us they have reclaimed the money.
                            The Judge advised the debt died with my Mother-In-Law.

Although all of this is confirmed in paperwork and ICE have confirmed fully justified and tribunal Judge, neither will apologise and I continue to be threatened by the Coop.
                            I assume the 3 December bill allowed for an incorrect estimate of the DWP figure. At that time, it's quite likely DWP had not made any payment at all. When they eventually got round to making the payment, it was lower than the estimate. It's likely that your MIL was liable for the difference. If it went to a tribunal you presumably have a ruling on that. What exactly did the judge say?

what does promisey mean? Never heard that. It doesn't sound very judicial. Do you have a copy of the judgment?

The debt died with MIL, but it became a liability of her estate. It's not your family's liability, but you can't distribute the estate and ignore the debt. If you are the executor, you have an obligation to pay any debts before you can pay anything to the heirs. If there was not enough in the estate to pay all the debts, the estate was insolvent, which requires special care to avoid the executor becoming personally liable.

Comment

No on the 3rd the bill was paid in full. The Coop funeralcare confirmed the DWP had paid the amount in full and the bill had been settled in full, as per receipt - mil deposit, fil life pol,DWP payment and then mil remainder.The DWP payment was returned and the first we knew about it was 28th March threatening call from Coop funeralcare. The Judge advised their is an very old law called promisey promisey that if you agree to buy something and indeed do that after a certain amount of time you cannot change the original agreed price.Bear in mind the DWP have still not advised us we have paid the incorrect amount. The Judge advised we were not contesting the amount but the administration error that they did nothing to correct or advise mil and caused awful distress to mil and her family. Bear in mind this is an 83 yrold. that has been through 2 wars and never owed or lent in her life.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X