• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Life insurance advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I notified them of his death sometime ago and they sent me a claim form and asked me to send a copy of his death certificate which I've only recently got due to waiting for his inquest.

I have not yet told them his cause of death as I wanted to see for my self the exclusions first or do you think I'm being silly and just ask them straight up if they will payout or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Nospot View Post
      Yes I notified them of his death sometime ago and they sent me a claim form and asked me to send a copy of his death certificate which I've only recently got due to waiting for his inquest.

I have not yet told them his cause of death as I wanted to see for my self the exclusions first or do you think I'm being silly and just ask them straight up if they will payout or not?
      Just make a claim.

Comment

Well I could do that but then I'm not non the wiser. I would rather see for myself what exclusions there are prior to making a claim. Not least because I simply do not have the finances to shell out on yet another death certificate for nothing. I know it doesn't seem a lot but I simply do not have money to waste so would rather know for sure one way or another.

Comment

Give SW a call and tell them you are struggling with affording multiple copies of the Death Certificate and can you send it to them with the form and they return it to you ? ( Keep copies of course before sending it )

Otherwise talk to them about exclusions on the policy - or ask if they can send the policy documents to you.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you amethyst

Comment

Originally posted by Nospot View Post
              Well I could do that but then I'm not non the wiser. I would rather see for myself what exclusions there are prior to making a claim. Not least because I simply do not have the finances to shell out on yet another death certificate for nothing. I know it doesn't seem a lot but I simply do not have money to waste so would rather know for sure one way or another.
              When MIL died, I heeded all the advice and got several copy death certificates. In the end I only used one or two. I'd just send one off to a company, and they would return it very quickly. They don't need to keep the certificate, just make a copy for their records.

I think you'll find it difficult to get SW to talk to you until you prove to them that your partner has died.

Comment

Hi there, I am Nospot but I can't find my login details and I started this thread. I have applied to Scottish widows as I am the default and only benificiary. Having spoken to them today I find out that his mum is contesting this and applying for probate. Can someone please explain what all this means and if there is anything I can do. She had no contact with him before death for over 15years. She has taken over everything and denied all his wishes. I am furious and upset she is trying to take away this from my daughter and I who looked after him. What can I do please?

Comment

Did your partner leave a will?

Comment

There was no will.

Comment

So if your partner was not married, nor in a civil partnership the intestate rules will mean his children inherit his estate.
                      Any wishes he may have expressed are of no consequence.
                      If you believe you should receive something from his estate you may have a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975,

Perhaps a polite letter to his mother referring her to the intestacy rules will be worthwhile.

In meantime tagging Peridot for you

Comment

He took out the policy to provide for me and my daughter (he is not her biological father and has no children) should he pass away but .once again what he wanted counts for nothing. We did get a small amount from his work life insurance that he had named me as the soul benificiary and I thought it would be a similar process with Sw.

i don't understand why his mother refuses to acknowledge us and is hell bent on going msg against everything her son wanted.

Anyway, thanks for the advice

​​

Comment

Originally posted by staffy View Post
                          He took out the policy to provide for me and my daughter (he is not her biological father and has no children) should he pass away but .once again what he wanted counts for nothing. We did get a small amount from his work life insurance that he had named me as the soul benificiary and I thought it would be a similar process with Sw.

i don't understand why his mother refuses to acknowledge us and is hell bent on going msg against everything her son wanted.

Anyway, thanks for the advice

​​
                          Was the policy written in trust?

Have you considered a claim under the Inheritance Act?

https://www.hughjames.com/service/co...ce-act-claims/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X