• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virus stupid thing - HELP !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Virus stupid thing - HELP !

I restarted puter and hit f8

In safe mode the stupid virus still very active, still couldnt open avg or access firefox / IE. So downloading anything new is going to be a pain in the bum if not impossible. I'm wary of making changes to the registry without proper advice.

Will have another go later on but just turned it off after that.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hey Ame,

We've just started using Microsoft Security Essential Free download from site its very good, we changed from Avast due to performance issues. We have found it to be very comprehensive.

Anyway just an idea!

Lumi x
      Luminol x

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        I restarted puter and hit f8

In safe mode the stupid virus still very active, still couldnt open avg or access firefox / IE. So downloading anything new is going to be a pain in the bum if not impossible. I'm wary of making changes to the registry without proper advice.

Will have another go later on but just turned it off after that.

are you still able to get emails?
        have you ever used system restore?

i always avoided vista like the plague but im told its kinda similar to windows 7

Borgbaiter

Comment

Would system restore take me back to before the virus infection or would it simply come back with me to the restore date ?

I've left that computer off today and Tools is going to take a look at it for me this evening, I darent mess it up as I have so much work on there for this site I really cant afford to lose !

Thanks for your help and advice Borg, its appreciated
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

hi

system restore doesnt destroy data.

it doesnt always get rid of viruses either but may enable tools to download the software to get the beasty out.

good luck

Borgbaiter

Comment

you will be lucky if you can still do system restore.

my dad downloaded a version of this virus and its taken me 3 weeks to get rid of it, and im still not out of the woods.

Ive ended changing AVG for the new version of AVAST, much better.
              Ive run malware bytes anti malware several times.
              added WinPatrol
              added Advanced System Care Free, all available from download.com

after scouring dedicated forums, i had to turn system restore OFF (stops the virus regenerating) , remove many lines from the system registry REGEDIT, and run all the scans either on boot up or in safe mode.

The end up is i can safely use the internet using google chrome, but my IE8 is corrupt beyond repair, tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

All i can recommend is do your research and follow the instructions.

The only reason i didnt end up doing a format and reload of the operating system is because the disc has been misplaced and system restore was gubbed by the virus.

good luck :rockon:

Comment

bugger ! thanks stevo.

Havent had any virus's for over two years ! TYPICAL.

Let you know how I get on xx
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by stevokenevo View Post
                  you will be lucky if you can still do system restore.

my dad downloaded a version of this virus and its taken me 3 weeks to get rid of it, and im still not out of the woods.

Ive ended changing AVG for the new version of AVAST, much better.
                  Ive run malware bytes anti malware several times.
                  added WinPatrol
                  added Advanced System Care Free, all available from download.com

after scouring dedicated forums, i had to turn system restore OFF (stops the virus regenerating) , remove many lines from the system registry REGEDIT, and run all the scans either on boot up or in safe mode.

The end up is i can safely use the internet using google chrome, but my IE8 is corrupt beyond repair, tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

All i can recommend is do your research and follow the instructions.

The only reason i didnt end up doing a format and reload of the operating system is because the disc has been misplaced and system restore was gubbed by the virus.

good luck :rockon:

hi

what machine do you have (make, model, lappy, desktop etc), some systems dont need a recover disc and some are available off websites. the turning off system restore sounds familiar now youve mentioned it. also what opperating system is it?

Borgaiter

Comment

How to remove XP Internet Security 2010, Antivirus Vista 2010, and Win 7 Antispyware 2010

Followed that and seems to have worked for now.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Right I had a similar one on an older computer luckily, Spybot Search and Destroy completley fixed it for me 100% works fine now,

Tiny file to download and runs very quickly I would recommend that and obviously as you mentioned AVG,

Google Spybot search and destroy and you will find it Sorry if you guys already tried it or sombody mentioned it but fool proof hope you can all get rid
                      ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

Thanks - I have AVG running on it now, then will do CCleaner and then anther Malware clean/log just to make extra sure.

Then Im backing up the important stuff !
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Did you manage to fix this Ame - had similar recently and managed to cure it, quite simple as well.

I was finding that none of the antivirus software would start, spybot S+D, task manager (basically anything that might fix the problem as the virus stops their exe. files from booting the programs). Ended up downloading a file called rkill from bleepingcomputer.com. Starting this file "froze" the virus and prevented it from stopping any antivirus working. Downloaded Malwarebytes and scanned PC - problems gone!!! Bloody horrible virus and whoever wrote it should be placed in a pit with hungry rodents.

Comment

Yes I did (well Tools did lol) , and in much the same way you did.

Horrid horrid irratating git of a thing (the virus that is)
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X