• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virus stupid thing - HELP !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus stupid thing - HELP !

Vista Internet Security 2010 - how to remove

Okay thats what I seem to have picked up and I don't want to do anything until I know what the right thing to do is. Ie I dont want to follow those instructions in case thats another con too.

I keep stopping av.exe process but lothe to do much more for now.

I've run AVG but doesnt seem to do anything (and now I cant even open Avg OR firefox or IE - am on google chrome at mo)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Virus stupid thing - HELP !

I know you sent me a screenshot by text but it's not very clear.

Can you post it up here Ame please
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Also.........anything like this?

Virus alert !!!!
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

here thanks baby x

Look at the link in the first post too btw.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
          Also.........anything like this?

Virus alert !!!!

lol no, havent been on any of THOSE kinds of sites for a while pmsl - have a pretty good idea where its come from tho !

its the one in the link in my first post - i just dont want to follow thoe instructions in my registry (obviously) till I know that THAT IS the answer and that THat site is kosher (flipping too many THAT's)
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

OK firstly, have you rebooted into safe mode?

Once you have done this then make sure AVG is up to date then run the scan.

As for THOSE sites......I don't believe you :tung:

Comment

If I try to start AVG or ccleaner (which i ran a short while before this happened too!) it bypasses back to that av.exe rubbish.

So its infected IE, Firefox, AVg and ccleaner at least.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Which is why I asked if you had tried it in safe mode?

Comment

Well I havent seen that post ! lol.

Remind me how to get to safe mode again ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Turn it off and on again per chance. Will try it.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

reboot and press either F8 or F12, depends on your puter?

Which one is infected?

Comment

Enter Safe Mode at startup
                        Follow the steps below to start Windows Vista in Safe Mode.
                        1. Remove all CDs and DVDs from the computer.
                        2. Restart the computer.
                        3. At the first screen on restart, before the HP or Windows logo appears, press the f8 key repeatedly.
                        4. When prompted, select the Safe Mode with Networking option.
                        5. Log onto the computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

Enter Safe Mode when PC is operating
                        If the computer can boot into the Vista operating system, follow the steps below to enter Safe Mode.
                        1. Click Start , type msconfig in the search field, and then press the enter to open the System Configuration window.
                        2. On the General tab of the System Configuration window, select Diagnostic startup .
                        3. On the Boot tab, select Safe boot and click OK .
                        4. When prompted, click Restart to start the computer in Safe Mode.
                          If the computer does not restart automatically, press the Power button to turn the power on.
                        5. On the Tools tab of the System Configuration window, select and launch the desired diagnostic tool.

The computer is now operating in Safe Mode.

Exit the Safe Mode
                        After completing the required troubleshooting and repair, follow the steps below to exit Safe Mode and return to normal operation.
                        1. Click Start , type msconfig in the search field, and then press enter to open the System Configuration window.
                        2. On the General tab of the System Configuration window, select Normal startup and click OK .

The computer restarts in the normal mode.

Comment

hi

it isnt clear you have a virus it could be just to scare you!!!.

when dealing with viruses its really and expert job.

bullguard do an effective virus checker (it has a 60 day free trial) and if it fails to fix the problem it has an associated forum were specific help is available on a 1 to 1 basis
                          http://www.bullguard.com/try/bullgua...-security.aspx

if this doesnt fix, advise or even find a problem try the links below

these are the rules of the forum
                          http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/14/...ORE_78160.html

please follow the instructions in this link beore posting tho
                          http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/14/...log_43561.html

below is a sample of how they deal with the "i think i could have a virus" type post.
                          http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/5/Trojan-_81619.html

i despise virus writers as much as banks.

Borgbaiter

Comment

Ame this is similar to whats happened to my lappy, in fact this virus is (allegedly) so clever, it just re-invents itself all the time. Luckily our friend has it put into a 'locker' thingy. In fact so far today I've had a couple of notices that somethings not secure and did I want to send it to the locker.

I'm with you Borg, I think virus writers are on par with bankers, both should be hung up by the round things and tortured with red hot pokers stuck up their orifice.

Comment

Can we please have the instructions for getting into 'safe mode' stickied please it's info we all may need at times. Thanks Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X