• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scammed by Supanet Masquerade as BT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    See lots of posts about supanet but haven't actually figured out how it is a 'scam' yet. The ads and website ( Uk-isp) seem clear they are not an isp themselves - they link direct to bt and sky etc on their homepage ( and they are correct links ) -they don't seem to mention supanet - so is it what is actually said during the call ? Do they say 'your best deal is likely to be BT we'll put you through directly ? Then you're put through to supanet who say they are bt ( or fail to say they are supanet ) and caller agrees a package ? Any emails / documents sent to confirm contract ? Do those say bt or supanet ?

Need to know exactly how so many seem to be misled into signing up with supanet thinking they are bt and how that happens to be able to look into it / investigate anything
    avoid this company at all costs - they are really toxic and cause you lots of grief - i had many sleepless nights with their crookedness

Comment

Any more details as to what's happened ? How you ended up with them ? What was wrong with the service etc ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This happened to me too, 3 years ago I thought I was joining Bt through the phone call I asked twice whether this was BT and the customer representative repeated yes. I then completed the purchase over the phone and received and email from a company called supanet. Thought that was odd and chatted to someone from BT on their chat service, they said that supanet had nothing to do with BT. The service has been poor, internet has been quite slow too which isn’t ideal. So this week I called the actual BT number and changed with them, they contacted Supanet and confirmed they will take over the line. Supanet asked me whether I’m leaving, I didn’t reply to the text. The next day I received a text message saying as I’m leaving I have to pay £35 within 24 hours before they send debt collectors. I called and they said I had done things incorrectly and didn’t ask for a MAC which is stated in their contract or I didn’t use the letter of cancellation. I informed them that I have done everything correctly and am out of contract however they said this fee is for them ceasing the line (basically they want compensation for my lack of custom) I paid the money over to them, and then said I had to return the router and appy TV box to avoid extra costs and a final bill. When I read my terms and conditions back I realised that the £35 is technically not correct, and I should not have been charged, so I am making a complaint and taking this up with the ombudsman. Seems like they have done this to quite a few people. Avoid them at all costs!

Comment

Do you have a copy of the terms ? It might assist others when trying to move away from them. Good to hear you are making a complaint - please let us know how you get on with the ombudsman.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I too thought I was ringing sky I signed up with supanet now charging me 660 pounds for cancelling a product that I didn't want What can i do Help

Comment

Do you have a copy of the contract?

How long have you been with SupaNet?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes copy of contract signed in Oct cancelled 15days later when connection went live 1 day out of cooling off period

Comment

I did this Of com found in their favour unbelievable they even said the agent was misleading and negligent What can I do I thought I had posted this and now cant find post The debt collectors are again on the case and are threatening to affect credit rating How does this happen Who do they inform

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy1090 View Post
                    This happened to me too, 3 years ago I thought I was joining Bt through the phone call I asked twice whether this was BT and the customer representative repeated yes. I then completed the purchase over the phone and received and email from a company called supanet. Thought that was odd and chatted to someone from BT on their chat service, they said that supanet had nothing to do with BT. The service has been poor, internet has been quite slow too which isn’t ideal. So this week I called the actual BT number and changed with them, they contacted Supanet and confirmed they will take over the line. Supanet asked me whether I’m leaving, I didn’t reply to the text. The next day I received a text message saying as I’m leaving I have to pay £35 within 24 hours before they send debt collectors. I called and they said I had done things incorrectly and didn’t ask for a MAC which is stated in their contract or I didn’t use the letter of cancellation. I informed them that I have done everything correctly and am out of contract however they said this fee is for them ceasing the line (basically they want compensation for my lack of custom) I paid the money over to them, and then said I had to return the router and appy TV box to avoid extra costs and a final bill. When I read my terms and conditions back I realised that the £35 is technically not correct, and I should not have been charged, so I am making a complaint and taking this up with the ombudsman. Seems like they have done this to quite a few people. Avoid them at all costs!
                    Similar problems with Supanet Did you get anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by lolaestereo View Post
                      this how I got scam
                      Same problem as you did you have any success with them Jen

Comment

Just reported them to Action Fraud 03001232040 as OFCOM believe we were SLAMMED The more people that reort them the bettter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X