• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excess car mileage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excess car mileage

I am in dispute with RCI Financial Services regarding a few issues with my PcP agreement that I voluntarily terminated in November 2019. This was a 4yr agreement that was due to terminate in January 2020 so the majority of the agreement had been paid in full. The main part of my complaint relates to excess mileage. I maintain that the dealership mis-sold the agreement as they put 8,000 as the annual amount and I told them at the time my annual mileage was more 10,000 - 11, 0000 per year. However, I did sign the agreement at the time as the salesperson advised there was nothing to worry about. When I insured the same car at the time of purchase I based my cover on 11,000 miles p.a. Strangely, my sister also bought the same model of car from the dealership a couple of months prior to myself and they advised her exactly the same despite her telling them she uses 10,000 miles p.a. I received a complaint response from RCI in which they upheld the decision and intend to progress with the excess mileage charge of £1062.85. I have made it very clear that I do not accept these charges as I have VT my agreement and have an inspection report that confirmed my car had no signs of excessive wear or tear when returned. A small charge was waived of £48 for a minor scratch otherwise all was okay. I have emailed a response to them and set out that I will not accept any excess mileage charges.Please would it be possible to keep me on the right track with this process. I'm happy to share any correspondence or documentation if it will help.
    Last edited by Burni; 2nd January 2020, 13:38:PM.
    Tags: None

You can, as they have given their final response, escalate your complaint to the financial ombudsman. That you insured the car on the basis of 11k miles will be taken into account. I posted about a similar ombudsman ruling the other day -*https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-mileage-limit
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      You can, as they have given their final response, escalate your complaint to the financial ombudsman. That you insured the car on the basis of 11k miles will be taken into account. I posted about a similar ombudsman ruling the other day -*https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-mileage-limit
      Thank you for your swift response to my problem.My only concern with FOS process is they generally fall in line with the finance company and would be worried this waters down my chance to challenge successfully. Im surprised they do not sit up and smell the coffee on these as it is clear to me dealerships are deliberately putting through the majority of agreements with low mileage to cash in later if the customer does not trade in with them again. I actually asked the RCI to request how many on a sample had the dealership put through as 8,000 compared to other mileage amounts. They refused to ask the dealership.......surprise! surprise!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X