• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON!!!!!** County Court claim letter over parking fines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi i need some help i have parked at a local supermarket i noticed there was no parking meter they request people pay by phone i have recieved a ccj My purpose for disputing the fine is if they are meant to be managing a carpark within a shopping court then I believe they should be installing paying meters to be able to pay there and then rather than expecting shoppers to be forced to just use a phone.

Comment

• At the time of the incident I didn’t have a mobile phone and the public phone was out of order, preventing me from making a call. It took me 20 mins to try and find another public phone in the area with no success. I was overdue my stay by 10 minutes in which I was searching for another means to extend my stay and with no luck so I left the carpark. My argument is if there were meters supplied by the land owner or ground management there would be no issue for the £1 fee to extend my stay instead of time being wasted to find a public phone which I believe is bad management. If you insist on having these pay by phone meters then I feel that the right process should be in place to ensure all public pay phones in the area are working to ensure customers can carry out the transaction, preventing them being slapped with a high penalty fine.

Comment

• Hi, I have been issued with a summons to court under similar circumstances.

The car park was permit-only, but the business represented by CEL was not open on the day that the car park was used. Signage stated 'permit holders only' - is this a strong enough defence alone to argue that no contract was initiated or agreed upon and it is instead a matter of trespass that should be disputed by the landowner? (Beavis case)

Thanks!

Comment

• Please start your own thread and not hijack someone else's thread. Matters can get confusing if cases get mixed and you might get incorrect advice. It has happened. And post up the relevant items

Comment

• On 30th March 2018, it was wet with constant light rain and low visibility. The defender returned to his residence feeling very uncomfortable and in need of to urinate. however, there was NO parking space available, he circulated several times around the compound looking for a parking space but there were NONE. Feeling so desperate and in excruciating pain, as he suffers from several disabilities (bladder cancer, urge incontinence, Nocturia, Type 2 Diabetes and Spinal Stenosis among many others) he was forced to leave his car and rush to his home in order to relieve himself. I have all the evidence to support my case. help would be greatly appreciated.I have until 08/11/2019 to submit my defence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X