• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW (il) Legal - Letter of Claim and response overdue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.S. I forgot to mention, question...... If the PPC has not properly complied with my SAR, can I (legitimately) ask BWL to pause proceedings while I bash that out with PPC. I know they won't! But is it a valid request to make?

My SAR response from PPC refused to give various pieces of information, the main one being data from the ticket machine (redacted as needed) showing the 2 hour ticket purchased in this matter? I am about to write back to the PPC to explain this IS personal data under DPA/GDPR and therefore I must ask them to either supply it, or confirm they do not possess it.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

Comment

Test to see if you get a notification ( Looking into it ) xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

YES!! Sorry, I am not very with it this morning, 50 odd emails so it took a while to spot it. Lovely, THANK YOU
        "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

Comment

Ah haaa wicked - feel free to ignore my PMs then xxxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Imho, strictly speaking the SAR is a seperate issue to the 'case', that being an attempt to enforce alleged terms of a unilateral contract, & the threat of action for breach of same.

A SAR should not be used to circumvent Civil Procedure Rules concerning disclosure of evidence.....this should be adressed via the PAP &/or CPR 31. (& possibly CPR 18)
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Authoritative as usual.

P.S. Is it my browser or is it the case that my photos do not show on the original post in this thread? If the latter, I will replace them using a different method. thanks

Comment

Photos in first post show fine for me
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks. I think I had a browser problem, restarted and all clear. Now i see avatars and buttons properly, clearly something was wrong!

(And I have to say, what a lovely username, about me line, and avatar you have!)

((Now...... about you representing me against BWL......)

Comment

Yep....photos ok for me as well.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Quick question - Is there any law which helps defend a ticket in the event that a private car park has no signage upon ENTRY? (In ANPR related cases in particular)

Comment

Actually sorry, another one.....

I just learned of the Parking (Code of Practice) Act 2019. I very much doubt it, but I don't suppose it's worth me researching that? I assume it won't apply to my ticket (issued in 2015)?

Comment

Originally posted by terry178 View Post
                          Quick question - Is there any law which helps defend a ticket in the event that a private car park has no signage upon ENTRY? (In ANPR related cases in particular)
                          Look at the Code of Practice under 'signs'.
                          Choose the relevant CoP. (Versions changed during 2015.)
                          https://www.britishparking.co.uk/Cod...nce-Monitoring
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by terry178 View Post
                            Actually sorry, another one.....

I just learned of the Parking (Code of Practice) Act 2019. I very much doubt it, but I don't suppose it's worth me researching that? I assume it won't apply to my ticket (issued in 2015)?
                            We're still waiting for that Code of Practice to be formulated & published, so not much to research atm.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Sorry, I didnt see these two replies. Thanks very much.

I feel a little silly to admit I have never actually read those CoP. The most recent one applies in my case. Very useful thanks. All I can see on Street View is that there were definitely no entrance signs in 2011, but there were in 2018. My ticket is late 2015. I guess I will have to barter for proof, I think I have reasonable cause to question, given the 2011 image. I have added this point to my list of possible defences for court. Extremely grateful for your help with all this.

Comment

Currently making a complaint to land owner, Falmouth Maritime Museum. My wife and children have spent a lot of time there and the kids love the place. They go regularly and have taken many friends/family there too. I expressed our disappointment at their choice in Premier Park limited to "manage" their car park for them, and made them aware of the unscrupulous (putting it mildly) practices used both by PPL and their 'lawyers' - BWL. I referenced Hansard and various news items about the problems with the current private parking system. I didn't expect it to do any good, but since the TRUTH is that we will never go there again if we are forced to take this to court, I decided to let them know in case they wish to step in and have the whole matter closed (as land owner, I believe they have the power to do that).

Well, I had a reply, and it seems genuine and receptive to my complaint in the first instance. They asked for us to sign a form to enable them to discuss the matter with PPL (due to GDPR, apparently). Will do that and see what happens.
                                Last edited by terry178; 18th June 2019, 11:27:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X