• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel parking fine

Excel parking have issued a parking charge notice to the keeper and driver. Originally this was £50.

the driver approached the machine to check how to pay. On the way back to their vehicle another vehicle offered their ticket with 2 hours remaining. The driver accepted this gesture of goodwill and displayed the ticker.

3 weeks later parking charge notice was submitted in writing.

driver explained that a ticket was displayed.

excel argued that no matching registration was on their system or anything close.

driver requested cctv footage that would show them walking and placing ticket on dashboard. Excel refused this and upped the invoice to £100

claim went to the IAS who said that because no physical ticket was still held and no record on excel system then they wouldn’t accept the appeal.

2 weeks later excel send another invoice for £170 with no correspondence to inform the driver that there was to be further action following the IAS or what to do next, this extra fee looks to be to cover debt collection costs. There is also no way to contact them via telephone.

what are the drivers options?

do they ring and offer to pay the original £50?
    do they ‘wait it out’?

ostell I saw you offered some brilliant advice on some similar matters.
    Tags: None

you have said nothing about the terms posted on any notices.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Assume the machine required a reg? This prevents people offering tickets to others. If this is the case I do not see how you can fight it. You are unlikely to be able to ring a human being. If you did not have to put the reg in the machine then it may be a different story.

Comment

heard similar cases none won in court reported but may have.? courts frown on persons buying tickets off people leaving, as a contract between originators and parking company has been broken therefore looked at as fraudulent act possibly?

Comment

Post up a copy of the postal Notice to Keeper (front & rear, redact personal info, leave all times & dates visible).
          Plus a clear photo of the site sign t&c's.
          I doubt that the £170 letter was from Excel.
          You can safely file & ignore debt collectors' letters.
          Keep an ey open for any letter before claim; that would have to be dealt with properly.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Teleworm View Post
            Excel parking have issued a parking charge notice to the keeper and driver. Originally this was £50.

the driver approached the machine to check how to pay. On the way back to their vehicle another vehicle offered their ticket with 2 hours remaining. The driver accepted this gesture of goodwill and displayed the ticker.

3 weeks later parking charge notice was submitted in writing.

driver explained that a ticket was displayed.

excel argued that no matching registration was on their system or anything close.

driver requested cctv footage that would show them walking and placing ticket on dashboard. Excel refused this and upped the invoice to £100

claim went to the IAS who said that because no physical ticket was still held and no record on excel system then they wouldn’t accept the appeal.

2 weeks later excel send another invoice for £170 with no correspondence to inform the driver that there was to be further action following the IAS or what to do next, this extra fee looks to be to cover debt collection costs. There is also no way to contact them via telephone.

what are the drivers options?

do they ring and offer to pay the original £50?
            do they ‘wait it out’?

ostell I saw you offered some brilliant advice on some similar matters.
            Hello apologies I’ve hopefully attached a photo of the only sign in the car park.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
              you have said nothing about the terms posted on any notices.
              Apologies. Now attached
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                Assume the machine required a reg? This prevents people offering tickets to others. If this is the case I do not see how you can fight it. You are unlikely to be able to ring a human being. If you did not have to put the reg in the machine then it may be a different story.
                Yes the car park requires a reg entry

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                  heard similar cases none won in court reported but may have.? courts frown on persons buying tickets off people leaving, as a contract between originators and parking company has been broken therefore looked at as fraudulent act possibly?
                  completely appreciate why companies would not like tickets being passed on and why it would be frowned upon. I guess the legality is around ‘what is a valid ticket’

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    Post up a copy of the postal Notice to Keeper (front & rear, redact personal info, leave all times & dates visible).
                    Plus a clear photo of the site sign t&c's.
                    I doubt that the £170 letter was from Excel.
                    You can safely file & ignore debt collectors' letters.
                    Keep an ey open for any letter before claim; that would have to be dealt with properly.
                    thank you for getting back to me. Fingers crossed it’s some good news for the driver.

Attached Files

Comment

thank you for getting back to me. Fingers crossed it’s some good news for the driver.

photos attached @CHARITYNJW
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Teleworm; 19th February 2023, 17:43:PM. Reason: Tagged user

Comment

Keeper
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Could we see the whole of the original postal notice, please. (Front & rear, redact personal identifiers, leave ALL times & dates visible).
                          Not the chaser...that doesn't count for much
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

the notice refers to ts and cs at or near the payment machines. What do they say? Please take time to take a sharp photograph.
                            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              Could we see the whole of the original postal notice, please. (Front & rear, redact personal identifiers, leave ALL times & dates visible).
                              Not the chaser...that doesn't count for much
                              Sure. It was attached but I’ll re upload it here (dated 24/10/22)
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X