• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ULEZ - PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ULEZ - PCN

Just looking for a bit of advice - came back from a break today to a PCN from another trip to London made recently for one evening.

Now, I know all about the Congestion Charging Zone, but the ULEZ is something I wasn’t familiar with until I got this through today.

Any point appealing to say that I wasn’t aware of the ULEZ, and being unfamiliar with London in general caused this? I’ve always paid the congestion charge in advance when I’ve been there and knew I was going into the area, so it’s not like I purposely tried to flout this one either!

I’ll upload redacted pics later today of the notice.

Tags: None

Amethyst - I haven't been on here for a long while, not sure if anyone can help. I've tried to upload pics but it's not allowing me to share them.

Comment

Hiya xxxxxx

Do you want to email me ( admin@legalbeagles.info) them and I'll post up for you ( normally it's because they are too big - if using phone then screenshot the photo before trying to upload )

I know nothing about ULEZ though but once we've sorted out the docs I'm sure ostell or charitynjw ( or anyone else ) will have some thoughts - though I doubt not knowing will be an accepted defence ... ( https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult.../ulez-payments ) ... likely to be quite a lot of signage when entering " the zone"
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi

I guess a good place to start would be to check the vehicle's emission rating.
        You should be able to do so here.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

To an outsider there is nothing on the ULEZ signs to indicate a charge is made .(https://www.google.com/search?q=ulez...ryCdozUfzFiLM: )
          Compare it to the "Congestion Charge" signs which mention the word "charge" (https://www.google.com/search?q=cong...w=1396&bih=686)

seems unfair to me from wild West Wales... how should I know about ULEZ charges if they are not advertised at the boundary of the zone?

Comment

Amethyst email sent, thanks.

des8 very true, maybe a valid point?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0EA7F1FA-F8E0-4443-B10D-FE27378F1FE6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1472372
              Attached Files
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                To an outsider there is nothing on the ULEZ signs to indicate a charge is made .(https://www.google.com/search?q=ulez...ryCdozUfzFiLM: )
                Compare it to the "Congestion Charge" signs which mention the word "charge" (https://www.google.com/search?q=cong...w=1396&bih=686)

seems unfair to me from wild West Wales... how should I know about ULEZ charges if they are not advertised at the boundary of the zone?
                I wouldnt have a clue either tbh - I never drive in London, tried to once and it scared the bejesus out of me lol.

So how are you meant to know how / what etc to pay ? or even know
                that you have to pay , or what cars have to pay - how do you know if your
                car has low emissions anyway ? Ughhhh
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  Hi

I guess a good place to start would be to check the vehicle's emission rating.
                  You should be able to do so here.
                  Cool apparently I have low emissions- who knew ? And how would you know to check if it doesn't say on the signs ?
                  Attached Files
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Used to drive in London on daily basis, but just found another reason for not visiting the Big Smoke:

PTH939KBlue MG B GT
                    ULEZ charge applies to this vehicle

Daily charge: £12.50

Comment

Is it worth me sending an appeal to them to say these things? I can’t be affording £160, and £80 is a stretch at the minute too. It just seems a bit unfair considering.

Comment

If you don't appeal, you'll never know.
                        I think it is too new a charge to find any precedents

Comment

des8 i’ll send one off and let you know how it goes. Happy to send to you if you want to check it over too.

Comment

Comment

May be worth keeping an eye on pepipoo too - this thread poster is appealing on the basis of unclear signage - http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...&#entry1493896
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X