• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received County court claim Form for a PCN but I was not the driver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MiniB View Post
    Ok thanks ill look into that.

Also I noticed that their court is in Leeds which is 228 miles and 4 hours from me.
    Does that mean I would have to travel all the way there and if so how much costs could I claim.
    It is generally heard in the Defendant's home court (or one that is convenient) in this type of case.

I did mentioned in the court form(SCT) my local(home) preferred court, but it does say they generally its held at the claimants court?
    Nope, as above.

But if the rolls were reversed and they have to come over to my court, could they claim excessive travel costs?
    Generally speaking, each side bears their own costs in Small Claims court cases.

P.S its also worrying me that they must think that they can win the case or they wouldn't have continued with the claim?
    Not so in many cases.
    There is quite often a measure of gamesmanship in court cases.
    The other party, having already paid the claim issue fee, do not have to pay any more until the case is allocated to a venue & track (although it will almost certainly be Small Claims.)
    So they often bluff it out, hoping the Defendant will capitulate under psychological pressure.
    They have nothing to lose (& everything to gain if you do fold.)

Many
    Thanks
    B
    ####
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello Peeps

Id just like to say thank you to all that gave me their valuable time and Advice.
      You Guys really helped me........THANK YOU SO MUCH! X

THEY DROPPED THE CASE!!!!!..........TOGETHER WE WON THE DAY!........AND KEPT THE PARKING COWBOYS AT BAY!.......LOOL!

Attached Files

Comment

So please make certain and check with the court that it has actually been discontinued if you haven't received notification from the court itself.

Do we trust BWL ? NO WE DON'T!!

Comment

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X