• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP with Council Tax Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP with Council Tax Review

Hello all,

I have asked my local VOA for a band review on my flat (from band E to D ). Based on the logic that the property has been overvalued ( I couldn't put forward a proposal as it doesn't fit the legal criteria for one, moved in within 6months etc.)

The letter I received stated that they are happy with the current valuation and consider it to be correct! although every single property valuer has stated that it is over valued. These are a few below.

Zoopla.co.uk £194,511
    Property Price Advice - Property price valuations online £175,000 - £205,000
    UK's number one property website for properties for sale and to rent £230,000
    Land Registry - Land Registry £229,112

For my flat to be in Band E it would have to be over £257, 500

From these figure I then used the following websites to calculate what it would be in 1991 /Q2

House Prices home page
    Council Tax Review Calculator

I have not been given a reason as to why they rejected these valuations and can only assume they are trying to save money.
    I live in a block of flats whereas all 60 except for 2 are in Band E. If they are to refund me would this mean they would have to do it for the whole block.

I have been told that you cannot appeal a review to a VOA tribunal because only a proposal can be challenged. Is there a way I can appeal this through the courts.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help.

Re: HELP with Council Tax Review

What are the differences with the 2 flats that are not in Band E ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: HELP with Council Tax Review

There are no differences at all. they are in the lower band simply because they put an appeal through 6 months after moving in. You can only request a review after this cut off point.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X