• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

desperate to sell home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desperate to sell home

We have money problems that have got very serious. We cant get our house sold.....is there anything legal that we can do , to stop the stress of all this? Something like an order to say that when our house sells, we will pay off debts first?
    Last edited by fairyfee; 9th September 2014, 10:04:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: desperate to sell home

have you thought about a volenary arraingment, or tying the debts against a charge on your house.

It depends on teh curcs of your debts and whos pushing you. There are some great debt experts on here, post up a few details, removing anything personal, someone will jump in with advice.

list all debts,
    witch ones are pushing.
    total debts,
    equity in property

list what you can out of the above, removing anything personally idetifiable
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Is there enough equity in the house to pay everything off if it sells?

Comment

yes...plenty

Comment

what is tying debts against charge on house?

Comment

I am no expert but I would write to the creditors asking them to suspend any action while you sell the house,give a time scale and offer to give financial details .
            Might stop the hassle might not DCAs and creditors are not known to be helpful but probably no other way to find out

Comment

Hi, are you sure that selling is the only solution?
              I am sure if you gave a little more detail of the debts (no personal details) then maybe you can be helped by other means.

Comment

desperate!

Owe to HMRC..... made bankrupt

house for sale, but no sale yet. loads of equity in house. Is there anything legal we can do to stop them chasing us until house is sold ? not that we cant pay really, just need to sell house. Been let down by our bank.

Comment

Re: desperate!

Have you been declared Bankrupt?

Comment

our daughter is disabled, and we are selling anyway to get a house more suited for her needs.

Comment

Re: desperate!

yes we are

Comment

new here

new here. So desperately need help. Need to sell our home for disabled daughter to have a better quality of life. Got debts but can easily pay them off when we sell our house.

Comment

Re: new here

This is the third thread that you have started on the same subject. Any responses wioll be spilt up amongst the threads.

Comment

Hi fairyfee

Firslty, lots of people on here have been in the same or similar position,, so are very understanding, and have a working knowledge on how to deal with these things, with the lowest costs to you, if you detail some of the debts, and the position with them, people will be able to point you in the right direction.
                            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

merged threads xx
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X