• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Penalty points - speeding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalty points - speeding

Hi, hope I'm posting this in in the correct place.
    My son was issued with a FPN (£60 fine and 3 points) for speeding on a motorway. The FPN did not state the speed.

He failed to deal with this in time, he was sitting his university finals and only realised he'd forgotten when the Summons appeared. Immediately sent off the fine etc but this was not accepted. Sent all required papers to the court and pleaded guilty with apologies for the oversight and explained about exams.

Just received Notice of Endorsement from the court which increases the fine to £175 ( fair enough) but has endorsed his licence with 5 points. As the offence hasn't changed we don't understand why the points have increased - can anyone say if this is standard procedure?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Penalty points - speeding

Thats what the police warn you ofwhat may happen in court remember speed can be a killer hope he learns his lesson sorry to be so blunt but having a close friend as a traffic cop i hear of what happens when people speed its the other person who normally comes of worse speeding and mobile phones are a danger to us all on the roads

Comment

How fast was he doing to get a fine for this terrable crime?

Comment

legalese is it a terrible crime to kill someone whilst speeding or do you condone the offence?

Comment

I got caught speeding,,and I got points and a fine,,and it served me right...speed kills yet can be controlled it's as bad a crime as any other that can maim/kill people.Vehicles don't kill,,the person controlling them do.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            legalese is it a terrible crime to kill someone whilst speeding or do you condone the offence?
            Sorry wales but im trying to find out about the speeding fine not murder, im sure you are in the wrong thread

Comment

The original post did say there was no speed shown on the FPN

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                The original post did say there was no speed shown on the FPN
                Must be fraud then?

Comment

Originally posted by mvm772 View Post
                  Hi, hope I'm posting this in in the correct place.
                  My son was issued with a FPN (£60 fine and 3 points) for speeding on a motorway. The FPN did not state the speed.

He failed to deal with this in time, he was sitting his university finals and only realised he'd forgotten when the Summons appeared. Immediately sent off the fine etc but this was not accepted. Sent all required papers to the court and pleaded guilty with apologies for the oversight and explained about exams.

Just received Notice of Endorsement from the court which increases the fine to £175 ( fair enough) but has endorsed his licence with 5 points. As the offence hasn't changed we don't understand why the points have increased - can anyone say if this is standard procedure?

Many thanks

Go to a website called pepipoo,

they are the experts.

Comment

My partner was caught speeding by a speed camera and his fine came through the post and did have the speed on it also it had the option of doing the speed awareness course instead of the 3 points so he paid the fine and did the course now I'm not sure if the op is talking about a similar situation but I would've thought it would have to contain the actual breach of speed on it I may of course be wrong
                    nic xo

Comment

Do they still offer for sale that course on speeding? Im sure they sell it for £80 is it? Points on your licence for this terrible crime or £80

Comment

I know my notice had the speed on cos I was caught on camera,,I went doolally at my kid,thinking it was his fault till I looked at the pic and my glorious mug was there and to my shame I was doing 97mph in a 70...I'v stopped driving

Comment

Originally posted by legalese View Post
                          Do they still offer for sale that course on speeding? Im sure they sell it for £80 is it? Points on your licence for this terrible crime or £80

Yes the speed awareness course is offered for first time offenders as well as the fine you have to pay that either way.
                          My partner said he found the course brilliant made him look at things in a different way
                          nic xo

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                            I know my notice had the speed on cos I was caught on camera,,I went doolally at my kid,thinking it was his fault till I looked at the pic and my glorious mug was there and to my shame I was doing 97mph in a 70...I'v stopped driving
                            97mph in a 70mph zone, did you know you could cause a fatal accident at 97mph going through a 70mph zone, dissgusting Inca.

Comment

legalese if i drive at speed and kill one of your family would you not think thats murder if ypu disagree please dont drive on public roads over the speed limit i would hate you to kill someone and it does happen read the stats or talk to a traffic cop

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X