• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HMCS court Fees October 1st

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMCS court Fees October 1st

1 Starting proceedings (High Court and county court) 1.1 On starting proceedings (including proceedings issued after permission to issue is granted but excluding CPC cases brought by Centre users or cases brought by Money Claim OnLine users) to recover a sum of money where the sum claimed:

(a) does not exceed £300 £30
    (b) exceeds £300 but does not exceed £500 £45
    (c) exceeds £500 but does not exceed £1,000 £60
    (d) exceeds £1,000 but does not exceed £1,500 £70
    (e) exceeds £1,500 but does not exceed £3,000 £80
    (f) exceeds £3,000 but does not exceed £5,000 £108
    (g) exceeds £5,000 but does not exceed £15,000 £225
    (h) exceeds £15,000 but does not exceed £50,000 £360
    (i) exceeds £50,000 but does not exceed £100,000 £630
    (j) exceeds £100,000 but does not exceed £150,000 £810
    (k) exceeds £150,000 but does not exceed £200,000 £990
    (l) exceeds £200,000 but does not exceed £250,000 £1,170
    (m) exceeds £250,000 but does not exceed £300,000 £1,350

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2007/20072176.htm
    http://www.dca.gov.uk/consult/civilc...ees/cp0507.pdf

Other fees are also changing, please see the HMCS Website for details.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 27th September 2007, 08:23:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: HMCS court Fees October 1st

AQ FEES

2.1 On the claimant filing an allocation questionnaire; or —where the court dispenses with the need for an allocation questionnaire, within 14 days of the date of despatch of the notice of allocation to track; or—where the CPR or a Practice Direction provide for automatic allocation or provide that the rules on allocation shall not apply, within 28 days of the filing of the defence (or the filing of the last defence if there is more than one defendant), or within 28 days of the expiry of the time permitted for filing all defences if sooner: (a) if the case is on the small claims track and the claim exceeds £1,500 £35 (b) if the case is on the fast track or multi -track £200
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

so those fees are when using the N1 form?
      MCOL fees seem to be different.
      any idea if the Civil Court Fees Consultation Paper has been passed. as the
      Proposals for a system of concessions make interesting reading.
      fees could be reduced or waiverd depending on income.

Comment

Well in that case I think I'll hold off till Monday with my N1. At the moment it will be £80 (over £500) but if I wait till Monday it will be £60.
        Is no longer here

Comment

if they are for N1 fees then yeah but I'm unsure. just waiting for confirmation

Plus, you may be entitled to a reduction in fees depending on your disposable income. again.... just waiting for confirmation. There is a consultation paper but I can't find out whether it was passed or not

Comment

Well have just rung local court to be informed my fee will be £65.00 Might just turn up tomorrow and see if I can get any sense out of them...
            Is no longer here

Comment

Yes they are for N1 fees and MCOL fees - they are the same. Neither MCOL or HMCS have updated their sites as yet.

The court have confirmed the fees will change on Monday Oct 1st.

The requirements to be eligible for exemption have also slightly changed. And I will outline these on the Exemption guidance thread in a bit.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

the link below for civil proceeding fees, are the new fees coming into force 1st October.
                The fees for N1 and MCOL are different.

1.3 On starting proceedings to recover a sum of money brought by Money Claim OnLine users where the sum claimed:

(a) does not exceed £300 - £25
                (b) exceeds £300 but does not exceed £500 - £35
                (c) exceeds £500 but does not exceed £1,000 - £65
                (d) exceeds £1,000 but does not exceed £1,500 - £75
                (e) exceeds £1,500 but does not exceed £3,000 - £85
                (f) exceeds £3,000 but does not exceed £5,000 - £100
                (g) exceeds £5,000 but does not exceed £15,000 - £210
                (h) exceeds £15,000 but does not exceed £50,000 - £340
                (i) exceeds £50,000 but does not exceed £100,000 - £595

Fees 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3.
                Where the claimant is making a claim for interest on a specified sum of money, the amount on which the fee is calculated is the total amount of the claim and the interest.
                Last edited by thephoenix; 27th September 2007, 13:42:PM.

Comment

oooooooo thats a bit of a change then.

Hope it doesnt push people back to using MCOL and getting stuck out for lack of particulars again.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c...160a_e1007.pdf

INFO ON COURT FEES AND REMISSIONS ( exemptions)

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c...x160_e1007.pdf

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c...ex50_e1007.pdf
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X