• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT: Data Protection Act 1998 Breach...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes 2222, theres only so many categories a data breach falls into. If I recall it was the disclosure from one third party to another. I'm not sure how that could equate into several pages unless Thomas is suggesting he lists every email or specific disclosure that was made in which case that isn't feasible nor is it practical.

Simply saying that disclosure of personal data via email and other methods in relation to XYZ personal data would be a sufficient way of putting it.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

And yes theres is a time limit, its 6 years, Thomas was getting confused thinking it was 1 year.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Someone mentioned that I have 6 years to take action against them. Is this not right?

Comment

I just had a lightbulb above head moment...

would stating the fact that I was a member (relating to one society) or in the process of joining a society (in the case of the other) be a "factual background"?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Yes it would
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

R0b Also, should I mention about my complaints that I have made to one society which I detailed above?

Comment

Yes but you dont need a story book on it. I have to be honest I'm still really surprised that you've not sent it off yet, I think your getting too bogged down on trying to include absolutely everything.

It should be limited to key facts only, only you can decide what you think is or isn't key facts.

If you miss something out, not the end of the world, you can respond by reply or in your witness statement.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thomas, you really need to edit your letter down to something manageable. Choose say half a dozen examples of breaches, rather than trying to list all of them. It won't make any difference to the damages, and listing every trivial point detracts from the main ones.

Bear in mind that county court judges may not have the same intense interest in your case that you have, so don't try their patience. Make it easy for them!

Comment

R0b 2222 pt2537 Is this progress? I wonder... I know it is limited... I invite feedback.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

I've not really been involved in your thread so a just a couple quick points from the letter ( which is looking a lot better, more concise )

So...
                          "This letter before action is therefore served on you in accordance with the Pre-Action Protocol for Pre-Action."
                          change to " in accordance with the Pre-Action Protocols"

In the list of breaches switch the bottom two around, so they run in date order.

Also the June one wants rewording a little
                          On or about 7th June 2018, I received a package from your solicitor, Mr. Xxxxxx
                          Xxxxx of XXXxx which contained hard copies of emails and other data relating to my
                          subject access request. I note that some of the requested documents were missing; including
                          emails that I received from Breckland Astronomical Society, copy of a banning order, and
                          emails between yourselves and the Norwich Evening News "

And these bits aren't a data breach / GDPR SAR response breach - they're things you are asking for from them so want moving to the resolution section
                          an explanation as to why my complaint raised in relation to Xxxxx Xxxxxxxxxx calling me a “f**king retard”
                          was ignored, and the reason I was banned for having Asperger’s Syndrome.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst, just a question, did you read this entire thread?

Thank you for your feedback. I need you to understand and appreciate that I am new to legal action under the DPA, so therefore am struggling to compile a letter like this. Had fantastic help in this forum, but some of it I don't understand fully, although I try, like pt2537's advice.

Comment

Asperger's, apparently Google and other large tech companies seek out people with that attribute.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paologa...ty-conference/

Comment

I've kept an eye out It's only a couple minor 'flow' changes I've suggested... I'm sure R0b will have more amendments to make later, those parts just jumped out at me xx
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X