• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NBCS threatening court action on behalf of House of Fraser.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkWood View Post
    Remaining e-mails...

All I've been replying is that they had an opportunity to challenge and it was rejected. This is considered a legal remedy etc. I've already said I haven't heard anything from HoF, and I'm not going to blindly transfer money to a company I have never heard of because they send me an e-mail.
    Hi,

Can i ask what the final outcome was from this? I have received the same email from NBCS. Obviously i dont want to pay it because i did not receive the items but am worried about legal proceedings.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Meanderings on this thread:

National business Crime Solutions Ltd appear to me as an upmarket Retail Loss Protection outfit.

Seeing they are not solicitors the comment " that we are currently preparing to pursue this matter in court" is interesting" !

I wonder how much of any monies "recovered" is kept by NBCS (altho' a not for profit company?). RLP apparently retain 40%

I can't find any reports of HoF actually taking anyone to court over this sort of alleged incident
      I have received this same email from NBCS and asked for their breakdown of costs. I received the below:

As your case has been passed over to civil recovery, these are the fees associated with your case and our member’s time:

£112 - investigation costs
      £50 – admin costs ( this is deducted if payment is made in full within 14 days of first correspondence)
      £162 – The time and money spent from our member liaising with the courier, defending the chargeback and the chargeback fees.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        probably not because no one has come back!
        I can't find any reports about Next trying court for a civil recovery ,so I would tend to ignore them (but that will depend on the circumstances of your case)
        Hi DES8,
        Did anyone come back to you at all? I am really worried about the outcome as i cant have it affecting my credit score

Comment

No one has come back on this thread (or by PM) so I would assume (as with all unCivil Recovery Firms) that these are all empty threats.

They work by bullying and threatening and can't actually take you to court as they are not solicitors.

If it should by some unforeseen chance end in court and you were to lose, your credit record would not be affected if you paid the award within the month

Comment

Hi,
            Wondering if anyone has had anything come of this from NBCS as my partner has just received a letter stating ‘Final Reminder’ when they have never tried to contact before stating ‘after repeatedly reaching out to you and we now write to inform you that we will be instructing our legal team to commence proceedings if we do not receive payment’
            Letter is very threatening talking about credit score CCJ.
            it also says ‘In any event that your case is pursued’ then states about added fees. Can’t speak to JD until Monday as the number we need to call phone lines close at 4pm.
            Any advice I would be grateful as it’s ridiculous to send a final warning letter . JD admitted the parcel was never received and when you speak to the main call centre they didn’t give much information and told us to call the other number.

I don’t understand how they can threaten with court and CCJs when JD admitted fault and gave a full refund for the full delivery not being delivered. Problem is all was done over the phone where JD confirmed the parcels were never sent and returned back to their depo.

TIA
            Jane

Comment

Originally posted by Jane1234 View Post
              Hi,
              Wondering if anyone has had anything come of this from NBCS as my partner has just received a letter stating ‘Final Reminder’ when they have never tried to contact before stating ‘after repeatedly reaching out to you and we now write to inform you that we will be instructing our legal team to commence proceedings if we do not receive payment’
              Letter is very threatening talking about credit score CCJ.
              it also says ‘In any event that your case is pursued’ then states about added fees. Can’t speak to JD until Monday as the number we need to call phone lines close at 4pm.
              Any advice I would be grateful as it’s ridiculous to send a final warning letter . JD admitted the parcel was never received and when you speak to the main call centre they didn’t give much information and told us to call the other number.

I don’t understand how they can threaten with court and CCJs when JD admitted fault and gave a full refund for the full delivery not being delivered. Problem is all was done over the phone where JD confirmed the parcels were never sent and returned back to their depo.

TIA
              Jane
              You should start your own thread if you want help but if I were you, I would be using their letters as toilet paper.
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X