• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdales/Vodafone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdales/Vodafone

Hi,

This is my my first post about a debt,I’m hoping somebody could give me some advice.

I received a letter before claim from Overdales solicitors about a Vodafone account claiming I owe money.

I sent off a prove it letter to which they have replied with the response below.

The last payment was made to Vodafone on 26 March 2016 for £39.34 by direct debit.

The telephone number was *********** and the disconnection data was 12 December 2016 the tarrif description was “24mth band e ultdmin ultdSMS 6gb 4Gred” and the balance relates to airtime debt.

I’ve had no communication by telephone or writing since the last payment on March 2016… am I right in thinking that this debt statue barred?

Thanks.
    Nic
    Tags: None

The date of 12 December 2016 appears significant. I assume that is the disconnection date (not data).
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Due to the typing error it is reference to “date” not data.

Comment

The debt would be statute barred on the 26th March 2022, providing no payment or written communication admitting the debt has been made since 26th March 2016. When 3 payments has been missed Vodafone would have defaulted the account in June 2016.

If Vodafone continued to provide service after the account was defaulted in June 2016, well that's down to them.
        That date (12th December 2016) is meaningless.

Send the following template, amend if necessary, make sure you get Proof of Postage. Update when you get a response.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks for your reply. Should I send the statute-barred letter to both Lowell and Overdales? or just Overdales solicitors?

Comment

Originally posted by N1Y View Post
            Brilliant! Thanks for your reply. Should I send the statute-barred letter to both Lowell and Overdales? or just Overdales solicitors?
            You can send it to both, please update the thread once you get a response. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

When did the OP last use any airtime?
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
                When did the OP last use any airtime?
                Probably December 2016, but would need to send a Subject Access Request to find out.

Comment

on that basis, how can he suggest that the cause of action arose earlier?
                  Last edited by atticus; 6th July 2022, 16:48:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Airtime was last used March 2016

Comment

OK. Did you sign up to a 2 year contract? Would it have expired in December 2016?

Comment

OK. Did you sign up to a 2 year contract? Would it have expired in December 2016?

I signed up to a 2 year contract that would have expired on feb 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by N1Y View Post

I signed up to a 2 year contract that would have expired on feb 2017.
                          Send a Subject Access Request to Vodafone, they have 30 days to provide all the data they hold under the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

on that basis, how can he suggest that the cause of action arose earlier?
                            I'm fairly sure the T & C's state that if payment isn't made / account bought up to date within a specified period, then the OP would be in breach of their T & C's, they stipulate when and what actions they would take.

Comment

would take or could take?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X